Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

cattolico wrote: »
    And in the US over 10,000 people die from gun crime. Ireland is not the US.

Your value as a human being is not determined by your parents or your circumstances. Every human being has an objective right to its existence.

When does the mass implantation of all frozen embryos in storage begin?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cattolico

Delirium wrote: »
    When does the mass implantation of all frozen embryos in storage begin?

Ask the parents

Ask the parents

What about the right to life you mentioned? Do those frozen children not deserve it too? If not, why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

robp wrote: »
    But we are not speaking about high risk pregnancies. They are not relevant to the PP scandal. In most high pregnancies high levels of care are implemented not abortions.

We are speaking of affects on the woman's health that went from non existent to not noteworthy according to you.

There are high levels of care because of these effects. You are either purposely being misleading or have no understanding of pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

What about the right to life you mentioned? Do those frozen children not deserve it too? If not, why?

Are these poor children that you speak of just left in a freezer? This is terrible! Why are child protection agencies not doing something about this? Why are the Garda not involved to rescue the children from the freezer? Why are these children not taken from the abusive parents who freeze them and leave them in the freezer? You all know well enough why!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Are these poor children that you speak of just left in a freezer? This is terrible! Why are child protection agencies not doing something about this? Why are the Garda not involved to rescue the children from the freezer? Why are these children not taken from the abusive parents who freeze them and leave them in the freezer? You all know well enough why!

Could be a great scam, claim child benefit but have the children frozen...

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 82,799 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MrPudding wrote: »

MrP

too far

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

MrP

You make more money if you break them up for parts though.

La Fenetre wrote: »
    You make more money if you break them up for parts though.

Actually, no, you don't. You only recover your reasonable costs, so you don't actually make any money in the generally accepted sense of the word.

MrP

Overheal wrote: »
    too far

I disagree, but would be happy for you to explain your reasoning.

MrP

• Advertisement

Abortion Mill Director Jokes About Dumping Babies in Garbage Disposal

She then admitted that she had 20 bottles of aborted infants' remains dumped into her garbage disposal.

The garbage disposal was an option. There was a point that I actually hired someone from another clinic to come in and take 20 bottles and put it into my garbage disposal. And then I had to 'fess up to my staff that I did the thing I had been criticizing all these other clinics for doing — but I didn't know what else to do.

She went on, "I want you to laugh about this. It's funny — I mean, it's funny in a really sick way."

source or link?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She then admitted that she had 20 bottles of aborted infants' remains dumped into her garbage disposal.

The garbage disposal was an option. There was a point that I actually hired someone from another clinic to come in and take 20 bottles and put it into my garbage disposal. And then I had to 'fess up to my staff that I did the thing I had been criticizing all these other clinics for doing — but I didn't know what else to do.

She went on, "I want you to laugh about this. It's funny — I mean, it's funny in a really sick way."

I wouldn't read too much into that tbh, you'll find its quite common for people working in trauma to have a sick sense of humour. I work in trauma care and some of the stuff we say is really dark and wouldn't expect anyone to understand but it's what we need to do to keep sane sometimes. I'd imagine for abortion providers seeing women in such desperate situations they do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

I don't suppose you have a link?

I wouldn't be any more interested in how tissue resulting from abortion is disposed of than I would any other tissue/body parts removed during medical procedures. As long as all human tissue is disposed of in keeping with strict infection control procedures, and the information is available to patients on request prior to any surgery/medical procedure involving tissue removal, should they wish to know about disposal.

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    I wouldn't be any more interested in how tissue resulting from abortion is disposed of than I would any other tissue/body parts removed during medical procedures. As long as all human tissue is disposed of in keeping with strict infection control procedures, and the information is available to patients on request prior to any surgery/medical procedure involving tissue removal, should they wish to know about disposal.

Yeah. Well us Christians don't treat kids or Anyone else as medical waste

No, you treat them as fertilizer.

Kev W wrote: »
    No, you treat them as fertilizer.

Very ignorant post and offending.

source or link?

Kev W wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have a link?
    http://www.texasrighttolife.com/a/1835/Abortionist-on-leaked-CMP-footage-Pushing-aborted-babies-down-garbage-disposal-quotis-funny-in-a-really-sick-wayquot#.Vi-_6k3D-9I

http://liveactionnews.org/abortion-facility-owner-says-5-months-worth-of-aborted-babies-were-stored-in-freezers/

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/abortion-mill-director-considers-bonfire-using-aborted-infants

Renee Chelian background: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/planned-parenthood-abortion-the-war-is-over

Renee Chelian testimony to Human Rights Council’s Universal Periodic Review of the United States: http://www.reproductiverights.org/sites/crr.civicactions.net/files/documents/RC_testimony_UPR_2Nov2010.pdf

Have yet to watch the video, but based on her background Renee Chelian has been advocating abortion in the US since before Roe v Wade, having received an illegal abortion at 16 and by 20 was working as a clinical assistant. To get her abortion her and her father were blindfolded and taken to a warehouse somewhere in Detroit in what sounds like rather shady circumstances.
    Very ignorant post and offending.

Ahem.
    I disagree, but would be happy for you to explain your reasoning.

MrP

I just think we're belittling the topic a bit much.

What is an abortion mill and how does it differ from a multi-story abortionplex?

MrP

• Advertisement

I haven't seen anything about kids being treated as medical waste! Where is this happening?

I think you have been asked this question before, under one of you previous guises, but let me ask you this; are you saying that no Christians support abortion?

MrP

Overheal wrote: »
    http://www.texasrighttolife.com/a/1835/Abortionist-on-leaked-CMP-footage-Pushing-aborted-babies-down-garbage-disposal-quotis-funny-in-a-really-sick-wayquot#.Vi-_6k3D-9I

http://liveactionnews.org/abortion-facility-owner-says-5-months-worth-of-aborted-babies-were-stored-in-freezers/

http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/abortion-mill-director-considers-bonfire-using-aborted-infants

Renee Chelian background: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/planned-parenthood-abortion-the-war-is-over

Renee Chelian testimony to Human Rights Council’s Universal Periodic Review of the United States: http://www.reproductiverights.org/sites/crr.civicactions.net/files/documents/RC_testimony_UPR_2Nov2010.pdf

Have yet to watch the video, but based on her background Renee Chelian has been advocating abortion in the US since before Roe v Wade, having received an illegal abortion at 16 and by 20 was working as a clinical assistant. To get her abortion her and her father were blindfolded and taken to a warehouse somewhere in Detroit in what sounds like rather shady circumstances.

Ahem.

I just think we're belittling the topic a bit much.

Fair point. Thanks for the links.

It seems, after I trawled through the emotive garbage in the links, that there was a problem with medical waste contaminating water ways. Now that is a real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,545 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How should a child's amputated arm be treated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I really wouldnt try to claim the moral high ground as a Christian in Ireland when it comes to kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Well, that proves it then, anyone who is pro-choice cannot possibly be a Christian.

"I speak for 2.2 billion people."

robdonn wrote: »
    Well, that proves it then, anyone who is pro-choice cannot possibly be a Christian.

Correct, respect for live is fundamental to Christianity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

Correct, respect for live is fundamental to Christianity.

Hmmm, Overheal might want to revise that "2.2 billion" number then...

Advertisement