Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sanctity of Life (Abortion Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

La Fenetre wrote: »
    He's not the one with blood lust for killing kids before they're born.

MOD NOTE

Considering I just posted warning another poster about getting personal, your antagonistic post isn't helping the standard of the discussion.

Please try to raise the standard of your contributions.

Thanks for your attention.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭La Fenetre

frag420 wrote: »
    Correct, he is one who will force a woman to carry through a pregnancy knowing full well that the the fetus will not survive only to appease a beardy bloke in the clouds!!

Cattolico, what gives you the right to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her own body?

Please answer......

There's two bodies involved not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Can I use your body if I need to to vindicate my right to life?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

And I am talking about the woman, her body!

So what gives any of you (Catollico, Le Fenetre etc) the right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body.

Before you answer please do not mention a child or foetus or two bodies, I am talking about you interfering with another persons rights and bodily integrity!

So if you don't mind giving a straight answer to a straight question please!

With the case mentioned above, what is gained by making her delivering a stillborn child instead of allowing her to have an abortion?

• Advertisement

And I am talking about the woman, her body!

So what gives any of you (Catollico, Lazygal, Le Fenetre etc) the right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body.

Before you answer please do not mention a child or foetus or two bodies, I am talking about you interfering with another persons rights and bodily integrity!

So if you don't mind giving a straight answer to a straight question please!

You can't ignore the rights of the other human life as well. That's the actual point. There's two lives affected by any action, not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

You can't ignore the rights of the other human life as well. That's the actual point. There's two lives affected by any action, not one.

Is it ok to kill my unborn child if I'm able to travel to do so?

But you can ignore the question being asked!!

Ok again can you tell me what gives YOU the right to tell another woman what she can and cannot do with HER body?

Please just answer the question!!

But you can ignore the question being asked!!

Ok again can you tell me what gives YOU the right to tell another woman what she can and cannot do with HER body?

Please just answer the question!!

Which body, the mother or her childs ?
    You can do whatever you want, as long as you're not negatively affecting another human life.
    Again, you keep pretending there is only one life involved, there are two lives involved not one, and no has superior rights over another human life.

You can do whatever you want, as long as you're not negatively affecting another human life.

Again, you keep pretending there is only one life involved, there are two lives involved not one, and no has superior rights over another human life.

So what the hell are you doing telling women they can't have an abortion if you don't have rights over another life! What business of yours is it if a woman needs an abortion?!

surely you interfering in another persons life where they need an abortion is going to negatively affect them no!? Hypocrisy much?

Will it affect you in any way, shape or form? Has the 1000's of women who have already traveled abroad had any impact on your life whatsoever?

• Advertisement

So what the hell are you doing telling women they can't have an abortion if you don't have rights over another life! What business of yours is it if a woman needs an abortion?!

Will it affect you in any way, shape or form? Has the 1000's of women who have already traveled abroad had any impact on your life whatsoever?

Who are you to dictate what's done to a child's body ? Will it affect them in any way ?

Who are you to dictate what's done to a child's body ? Will it affect them in any way ?

ok again you are not answering the questions asked. if you can't answer them then please just say so and we can move on.

I am not dictating anything about a childs body, I am showing support for a woman and her right to decide what happens with her body!!

So again can you please just answer the questions asked of you if thats not too difficult

and how is denying an abortion to a woman whose foetus has been diagnosed with a fatal abornormality, as mentioned recently, going to alter the final outcome for the foetus?

What is gained by making the woman carry the foetus until she delivers it stillborn?

ok again you are not answering the questions asked. if you can't answer them then please just say so and we can move on.

I am not dictating anything about a childs body, I am showing support for a woman and her right to decide what happens with her body!!

So again can you please just answer the questions asked of you if thats not too difficult

There are two bodies involved not one, there are two lives involved not one, you can't kill a human life to make another person feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

There are two bodies involved not one, there are two lives involved not one, you can't kill a human life to make another person feel better.

And you can't use a person's body against their will to save the life of another.

So if you wont answer the questions the why take part in a debate? This is a discussion forum, to a soapbox!!

I did the decent thing and answered your question above....can you not afford me the same courtesy?

Surely that would be the Christian thing to do no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's not killing a person if there is no chance of life. It's just prolonging the agony for the family involved. In the case of ffa the woman is nothing more than a life support machine. There is no dignity for her being forced to carry to term, little regard for her life and no dignity in allowing a foetus to continue under such circumstances.

So if you wont answer the questions the why take part in a debate? This is a discussion forum, to a soapbox!!

I did the decent thing and answered your question above....can you not afford me the same courtesy?

Surely that would be the Christian thing to do no?

I'll answer it again for you, there are two lives and bodies involved not one. You can't harm one just because someone else demands you do, and it's nothing to do with Christianity.

I'll answer it again for you, there are two lives and bodies involved not one. You can't harm one just because someone else demands you do.

What harm is done to a foetus by aborting that would be avoided by it being delivered stillborn?

I'll answer it again for you, there are two lives and bodies involved not one. You can't harm one just because someone else demands you do.

One life and one potential life. They are not and will never be equal in the eyes of most reasonable people. The woman's life and well-being, her wishes and choices will always be first. Most women don't have abortions for the fun of it, they put a lot of thought into it and if they decide to have one who are we to say they are wrong?

• Advertisement

Please read the questions again because I didn't ask you how many lives were involved.

You can't harm one because someone else demands you do......so potentially harming a woman's health/life because you demand she cant have an abortion is what exactly??

So again let me ask you a very simple question. If a woman living at the opposite side of the country to you decided to have an abortion......HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU??

Delirium wrote: »
    What harm is done to a foetus by aborting that would be avoided by it being delivered stillborn?

Are you taking about poisoning and / dismembering them first, or are you talking about a natural death ?

Please read the questions again because I didn't ask you how many lives were involved.

You can't harm one because someone else demands you do......so potentially harming a woman's health/life because you demand she cant have an abortion is what exactly??

So again let me ask you a very simple question. If a woman living at the opposite side of the country to you decided to have an abortion......HOW DOES THIS AFFECT YOU??

The same way it affect's you if another person is killed.

The same way it affect's you if another person is killed.

It's not a person.....

Are you taking about poisoning and / dismembering them first, or are you talking about a natural death ?

I'm asking what is gained by denying an abortion only for the woman to deilver the child stillborn?

Are you saying that aborting a foetus at 20 weeks is worse than allowing it to develop to a point where it can feel pain and die naturally in potentially silent agony?

Delirium wrote: »
    I'm asking what is gained by denying an abortion only for the woman to deilver the child stillborn?

Well again, that depends on if the child is alive or dead. Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

robdonn wrote: »
    Are you saying that aborting a foetus at 20 weeks is worse than allowing it to develop to a point where it can feel pain and die naturally in potentially silent agony?

Is ok to kill a human life if they can't feel any pain when you do ?

Is ok to kill a human life if they can't feel any pain when you do ?

So you think that life in any form trumps quality of life?

• Advertisement

Well again, that depends on if the child is alive or dead. Were they poisoned and / or dismembered beforehand or did they die naturally ?

In cases of ffa there is no such procedures but don't let the truth get in the way of the usual emotional rubbish

Advertisement