Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface crap sounding Voip's voicemail is now not responding to DTMF commands

Options
  • 15-07-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

I have a Snom 710 VoiP phone connected over a 250 Mbits/sec connection to Blueface. I was away last week, and came back yesterday evening to find the red message waiting light on. Up to now this phone worked fine on Blueface, from a DTMF perspective. I called 171 and was invited to enter 1 for new messages. The Blueface system didn't hear the 1 when i pressed the button. I called several other numbers via my 710 on Blueface (insurance companies, banks etc) that use press 1 for this 2 for that, from the same phone, and they all recognised my selections.

I couldn't call Blueface "customer support", because they use a press 1 for this, press 2 for that "system" - a badly designed menu with no default to a human being at the end of the process, if no selection is detected. I finally called the company via a PSTN landline, and was connected to a North American lady who couldn't give a jot about my problem. Have a nice day and good bye.

I use a high quality codec on my snom phone and several VoIP providers - all with the same CODEC. Blueface has the lowest call quality. The only reason I use them is because it gives me an Irish landline number. However when it comes to call quality it is as bad as an early 1990s GSM mobile phone in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭domeld

Impetus wrote: »
    I have a Snom 710 VoiP phone connected over a 250 Mbits/sec connection to Blueface. I was away last week, and came back yesterday evening to find the red message waiting light on. Up to now this phone worked fine on Blueface, from a DTMF perspective. I called 171 and was invited to enter 1 for new messages. The Blueface system didn't hear the 1 when i pressed the button. I called several other numbers via my 710 on Blueface (insurance companies, banks etc) that use press 1 for this 2 for that, from the same phone, and they all recognised my selections.

I couldn't call Blueface "customer support", because they use a press 1 for this, press 2 for that "system" - a badly designed menu with no default to a human being at the end of the process, if no selection is detected. I finally called the company via a PSTN landline, and was connected to a North American lady who couldn't give a jot about my problem. Have a nice day and good bye.

I use a high quality codec on my snom phone and several VoIP providers - all with the same CODEC. Blueface has the lowest call quality. The only reason I use them is because it gives me an Irish landline number. However when it comes to call quality it is as bad as an early 1990s GSM mobile phone in Ireland.

Did yop tried change dtmf sygnaling to inband? are you using g722?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This sounds very much like a DTMF problem wrongly configured on the SNOM phone. DTMF should be set to RFC2833.
    As domeld said, change your codec to G711 for better quality (G722 will be shíte).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

They really need to localise their voicemail prompts!
    It's a total mess of Irish and American sentences all strung together - sounds extremely unprofessional.

Advertisement