Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transplanting engine onto another lawnmower - which blade

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

The selfdrive was gone on my aluminium mower and the pull start was gone on my steel deck mower.so I transplanted the engine from the alu mower to the steel mower.I then fitted the blade that was on the steel deck back on as I thought to myself it was the one that was on the steel deck.seems to be working fine.but just thinking now that maybe it should be the blade from the alu mower as that was the one that was fitted to the engine.its a heavier blade.so should it be....

1. Steel deck, engine from the alu mower, heavier blade from the alu mower.

2. Steel deck, engine from the alu mower, lighter blade from the steel mower.

Btw engine that was on the steel mower was a om55 160cc.the one I just fitted is a b&s quantum 60.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If the original blade/engine combo fits the deck, then use it.
    The blade is sized for the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks CJ. Will swap them.

Advertisement