Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing an Astec 63 but with what??

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Any help appreciated, looking likely we need to rip out the old system and replace with new but what should I be considering?

Currently only have door/window contacts and vibration sensors - no notifications as have UPC for phone line

Ideally want option to add a wireless zone, certainly want notifications but how with UPC?

Would like a general knowledge before getting an installer in to advise who may be pushing one system

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

The_Chap wrote: »
    Any help appreciated, looking likely we need to rip out the old system and replace with new but what should I be considering?

Currently only have door/window contacts and vibration sensors - no notifications as have UPC for phone line

Ideally want option to add a wireless zone, certainly want notifications but how with UPC?

Would like a general knowledge before getting an installer in to advise who may be pushing one system

Thanks in advance

If there is no issues with the sensors on the windows and doors then installing a hybrid i70 system is the cheaper option. They panel can be connected up to the UPC for monitoring of the system or you could add an lan card to use with an app. The Astec system itself will need to be replace, external bell too. You can add wire free devices to the system also.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Sensors seem to be OK, the bell box has given up hence the need to change - plus would like newer features of a newer system.

I've been quoted by one installer "in and around 510" to replace - but no idea with what, or indeed what ballpark cost I should really be looking at

house has 5 contact and vibro sensors downstairs and 5 vibro sensors upstairs - as mentioned no pir's currently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

The_Chap wrote: »
    Sensors seem to be OK, the bell box has given up hence the need to change - plus would like newer features of a newer system.

I've been quoted by one installer "in and around 510" to replace - but no idea with what, or indeed what ballpark cost I should really be looking at

house has 5 contact and vibro sensors downstairs and 5 vibro sensors upstairs - as mentioned no pir's currently

You could also use a sab interface to add a global sab to the Astec system if thats all that is wrong with it.

I dont know what he is installing but either way we do not give out prices here.
    I would shop around with regards pricing tho, just compare like with like.

My advise if you are looking to upgrade would be to use the I70 as you will not need to replace all the sensors and if you wanted to add a few wire free PIRs this would also be possible.

Advertisement