Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Wireless Alarm

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi myself and another lady are looking after house while woman in hospital. Everything was going fine with alarm until this morning when woman rang me saying something happened with alarm. The problem is that now its not giving us time to get into house to turn alarm off. It usually gives 20 seconds. Would my friend have hit a button by mistake as none of us has codes to change it. When we open front door now it goes off , even though we are activating it correctly .

Thanking You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi myself and another lady are looking after house while woman in hospital. Everything was going fine with alarm until this morning when woman rang me saying something happened with alarm. The problem is that now its not giving us time to get into house to turn alarm off. It usually gives 20 seconds. Would my friend have hit a button by mistake as none of us has codes to change it. When we open front door now it goes off , even though we are activating it correctly .

Thanking You

When you disarm the system press the ok button a few times to hear what activated the alarm. If the door you are using is an entry/exit point it should act that way. Without going into engineer mode you can not change the zone types.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

altor wrote: »
    When you disarm the system press the ok button a few times to hear what activated the alarm. If the door you are using is an entry/exit point it should act that way. Without going into engineer mode you can not change the zone types.

Hi altor, I did that and it says living room. this is the door we open to come in. But the fact that it was fine few days ago it shouldn't change

Hi altor, I did that and it says living room. this is the door we open to come in. But the fact that it was fine few days ago it shouldn't change

Are you sure its a door?
    The zone number and name is what I would be looking at first to make sure it not another zone or PIR with the same name.
    I cant seen the zone changing for no reason.

Are you sure its a door?
    The zone number and name is what I would be looking at first to make sure it not another zone or PIR with the same name.
    I cant seen the zone changing for no reason.

I got my hands on users guide and there is a setting on it called Away latchkey. This is activated by pressing the Away button, the code and the away button again. My friend could easily do this as she not too good with alarms. No PIR in house

I got my hands on users guide and there is a setting on it called Away latchkey. This is activated by pressing the Away button, the code and the away button again. My friend could easily do this as she not too good with alarms. No PIR in house

No latchkey is set up for a kid coming home from school not disarming the system in time.
    If the door lets you out it should let you in?

• Advertisement

No latchkey is set up for a kid coming home from school not disarming the system in time.
    If the door lets you out it should let you in?

are you saying if there is a time delay going out, then there will be one coming in. If it was something else wrong , wouldn't alarm go off at any time

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Did you press 0 without first pressing the disarm or arm key first? 0 cancels the entry delay. Press 0 again and see if it turns it back on

are you saying if there is a time delay going out, then there will be one coming in. If it was something else wrong , wouldn't alarm go off at any time

Yes.
    Only way this door would let you out and in is if it is set up for entry/exit.
    If it is set up for access it will let you out but not in.
    If it had being working the only way is the zone type has changed but that would be in engineer mode.
    I am not sure if the panel is an import, some of these have the American function enabled. Is the 0 after you set the system giving no delay?
    Has the user code got a 0 at the end.

Yes.
    Only way this door would let you out and in is if it is set up for entry/exit.
    If it is set up for access it will let you out but not in.
    If it had being working the only way is the zone type has changed but that would be in engineer mode.
    I am not sure if the panel is an import, some of these have the American function enabled. Is the 0 after you set the system giving no delay?
    Has the user code got a 0 at the end.

No you press button with pic of lock on it and then 4 digit number . This one has 1 at end of code. Could it be sensor on door

No you press button with pic of lock on it and then 4 digit number . This one has 1 at end of code. Could it be sensor on door

The lock is for full set then your code when leaving.
    The unlock plus the code is the disarm when you come back in.

Can you try this, lock button then code, let timer run down, open the door and see if it gives you the timer.

If there was an issue with the reed not opening coming in the the alarm would not know the door had opened at all.
    The fact it goes off means it see it as an intrusion.
    You can test the functionality of the sensor test menu.

• Advertisement

The lock is for full set then your code when leaving.
    The unlock plus the code is the disarm when you come back in.

Can you try this, lock button then code, let timer run down, open the door and see if it gives you the timer.

If there was an issue with the reed not opening coming in the the alarm would not know the door had opened at all.
    The fact it goes off means it see it as an intrusion.
    You can test the functionality of the sensor test menu.

sorry now but what do you mean see if it gives you the timer

sorry now but what do you mean see if it gives you the timer

When you set the alarm, hit the lock, put in your code, timer will start. open the door and close it. (no need to go outside) When the timer runs down. Open the same door and the timer should start again. Press unlock and enter your code.

When you set the alarm, hit the lock, put in your code, timer will start. open the door and close it. (no need to go outside) When the timer runs down. Open the same door and the timer should start again. Press unlock and enter your code.

Hi altor I was at house there earlier and I was wrong, there is a PIR in room as I walk in door. I activated the alarm but no timer came up as it was beeping, only the message to exit now. I also notice that the alarm wont activate if front door is open. It doesn't say front door open, it just goes back to home page after code is put in

Hi altor I was at house there earlier and I was wrong, there is a PIR in room as I walk in door. I activated the alarm but no timer came up as it was beeping, only the message to exit now. I also notice that the alarm wont activate if front door is open. It doesn't say front door open, it just goes back to home page after code is put in

The beeping is the timer, also front door needs to be closed.

The beeping is the timer, also front door needs to be closed.

my own house alarm activates while front door open. Anyway I am guessing that its the PIR that's going off when I walk in. Don't understand where the delay after opening door is gone

my own house alarm activates while front door open. Anyway I am guessing that its the PIR that's going off when I walk in. Don't understand where the delay after opening door is gone

I suspect a fault with the reed switch on the front door but one of the first things to do would be to check the battery in the unit itself.
    Normally when you open a entry point a PIR on this route to the keypad would be set up as access. If you came from another direction not activating an entry point the PIR would make the system go straight into alarm.
    This is what is happening when you come in the front door as the reed is not opening.

Some alarm systems can have a entry point open when setting.
    On the Powermax you cant.

I suspect a fault with the reed switch on the front door but one of the first things to do would be to check the battery in the unit itself.
    Normally when you open a entry point a PIR on this route to the keypad would be set up as access. If you came from another direction not activating an entry point the PIR would make the system go straight into alarm.
    This is what is happening when you come in the front door as the reed is not opening.

Some alarm systems can have a entry point open when setting.
    On the Powermax you cant.

can you suggest how I would check the battery, or do I just replace

can you suggest how I would check the battery, or do I just replace

It can be tested with a meter to check the voltage.
    Replacement batteries for a contact on the Powermax system are a CR2 battery.
    A chemist would have these in stock.

It can be tested with a meter to check the voltage.
    Replacement batteries for a contact on the Powermax system are a CR2 battery.
    A chemist would have these in stock.

thanks a lot , I will replace them and c what happens

thanks a lot , I will replace them and c what happens

No problem, let us know how you get on.
    This unit only takes one battery.

• Advertisement

No problem, let us know how you get on.
    This unit only takes one battery.

looking at the users guide it says there could be 3 or 6 in the unit. do you mean in the door sensor

looking at the users guide it says there could be 3 or 6 in the unit. do you mean in the door sensor

I am not sure what that is referring too.
    The sensor in your front door takes one battery.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In most cases the entry /exit door needs to be closed when you enter the code. After the timer starts you can open the door. You say there is a PiR in a room.
    Is it possible this PiR has not been set on access & you need an interior door closed so the PiR doesn't pick you up as you enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Sounds like the front door sensor is delaying the entry signal and the PIR is getting the signal to the panel first.

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Sounds like the front door sensor is delaying the entry signal and the PIR is getting the signal to the panel first.

Hi there is no door between PIR and front door so that's not problem. What you say could well be the problem. Can I sort this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sounds like the device on the front door in the problem so.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sounds like the device on the front door in the problem so.

would replacing battery sort it.If I was to open door and not go in for few seconds , would this give alarm chance to switch off before PIR picks me up

If the device is not detecting the opening its more likely the unit rather than the battery.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the device is not detecting the opening its more likely the unit rather than the battery.

is there any way of testing it

• Advertisement

If you open the door and try set the system does it displays or announce not ready.?

Advertisement