Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Wireless Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you open the door and try set the system does it displays or announce not ready.?

it looks for the 4 digit code and when I put it in, it returns to front page, no beep or anything

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And does it announce not ready to arm?

And does it announce not ready to arm?

no

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So you press the lock key and it announces enter code, then you enter your code and it just goes back to the home screen without doing anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Is the battery dead in the door sensor ? Sometimes those systems won't alert you of a lost sensor due to a completely dead battery.

• Advertisement

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Is the battery dead in the door sensor ? Sometimes those systems won't alert you of a lost sensor due to a completely dead battery.

Hi I decided to replace the battery on door sensor today. It wasn't dead as light was flashing as I opened and closed door. But it seems to have sorted it. I will check it next few days. Thanks to you all for taking time to help me.

An interesting one all right.
    Lets know how it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Hi I decided to replace the battery on door sensor today. It wasn't dead as light was flashing as I opened and closed door. But it seems to have sorted it. I will check it next few days. Thanks to you all for taking time to help me.

If it is the smaller contact they have my heart broken replacing them. The unit should not need to be reset by tampering it. If it happens again I would replace the unit itself. The default codes for the system are 8888 plus 9999 sometimes both codes are not changed on the systems when installed. If it's not you will be able to delete and add a new device yourself.

altor wrote: »
    If it is the smaller contact they have my heart broken replacing them. The unit should not need to be reset by tampering it. If it happens again I would replace the unit itself. The default codes for the system are 8888 plus 9999 sometimes both codes are not changed on the systems when installed. If it's not you will be able to delete and add a new device yourself.

O let me alone, I went to check house again today and yes alarm the same way again. This woman has got the same sensor on another door that she never opens and I wondering could I swap them or is it that easy

I would always try use these ones.
    Visonic_Contact_MCT302.jpg
    You could swap them out. You will need engineer access to delete the old ones & enrol & set up the new ones.

• Advertisement

I would always try use these ones.
    Visonic_Contact_MCT302.jpg
    You could swap them out. You will need engineer access to delete the old ones & enrol & set up the new ones.

The sensor I have doesn't look like that one. When you talk about enrolling and setting up sensor, is it getting complicated

No, but you will need the engineer code.

The sensor I have doesn't look like that one. When you talk about enrolling and setting up sensor, is it getting complicated

The default codes for the system are 8888 plus 9999 sometimes both codes are not changed on the systems when installed. If it's not you will be able to delete and add a new device yourself.

No, but you will need the engineer code.

can any sensor do or do I need special one, and do I need to buy it on line. I living in limerick area

can any sensor do or do I need special one, and do I need to buy it on line. I living in limerick area

Just did a quick search and it seems Kellihers is selling the Visonic system.
    They should have the contacts in stock if so.
    Here is a link to the Limerick branch but I would ring in advance to make sure they stock them.

The sensor you need is a MCT-302.

Just did a quick search and it seems Kellihers is selling the Visonic system.
    They should have the contacts in stock if so.
    Here is a link to the Limerick branch but I would ring in advance to make sure they stock them.

The sensor you need is a MCT-302.

Thanks for help alton. Rang them today but don't do that make anymore.I will have to broaden my search

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ei0675

Thanks for help alton. Rang them today but don't do that make anymore.I will have to broaden my search

There's a guy in cork sells them infact I'm sure he is one main Irish agents for visonic with exception to northwood in Dublin.
    Think company is just securityproducts.ie, can't remember the guys name though, john comes to mind but not sure.

ei0675 wrote: »
    There's a guy in cork sells them infact I'm sure he is one main Irish agents for visonic with exception to northwood in Dublin.
    Think company is just securityproducts.ie, can't remember the guys name though, john comes to mind but not sure.

You could try them, but I think they will only supply installers. ISD/ADA Cork.

You could try them, but I think they will only supply installers. ISD/ADA Cork.

Hi I couldn't get sensor so I have moved one from back door to front and its working fine now. My only problem is that the front door is coming up as back door. Is there any way I can adjust the system , I have tried 1111, 8888,9999, but none is accepted

You would need the engineer code to do this or you would need to reset the alarm.

• Advertisement

You would need the engineer code to do this or you would need to reset the alarm.

is resetting it a major job

Easy enough.
    I will send you the manual & see what you think.

Easy enough.
    I will send you the manual & see what you think.

When I reset the system will I have to go true all beams PIR s

If you factory default the panel you will.
    See the PM and manual I sent you.

is resetting it a major job

There should be no need to reset the whole system.
    You can reset codes only to allow you add and delete a sensor if the default codes do not allow this.

Advertisement