Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to plant where I've pulled out poppies

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Well i have to say my first six months of gardening has been fairly successful, with the garden an array of colours at the moment.... not completely without failure though, I've learnt plenty!

I'm just in from pulling out poppies that have died off already - they were reasonably satisfactory, but the blooms didn't last long in the windy weather.

Any suggestions as to what I should plant in their spot? Something that would last into autumn winter would be ideal. The poppies were between roses, with about 1 metre of space, and get sun about 70% of the day. (I'm in north dublin, near the sea, reasonably mild climate - hopefully!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Helenium, Carnation, Echinacea (Magnus), Dahlia (Red Pygmy)

I wouldn't give up on the poppies, many plants especially flowering plants can suffer temporary damage during wet windy conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 navyddr713

If you have the room plant a Comon Holly, I live by the sea and planted two holly bushes they're beautiful. You can just forget about them, they need no care.

Advertisement