Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarsfield roundabout.

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

So I'm approaching the Sarsfield roundabout from Togher and I want to take the exit to Kinsale road rounabout, which lane do I go in. I thought I'd stay in the right hand lane and then just before the kinsale exit, I'd go into the left hand lane. Is that right. Does the middle lane of traffic between Togher and Wilton take the Wilton exit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Take the right hand lane coming from Togher, this splits into two lanes going under the flyover, either are correct for going on the N40 East. Just stay in whatever lane you choose, follow the markings. If you choose the inner lane hugging the inside of the roundabout then come off on the right hand lane going east, don't cross lanes out of nowhere to end up in the left lane. Remember if there's a lane on your left it has to go somewhere, don't just cut in to it.

Edit: take that with a pinch of salt as I've never completed this exact maneuver here, I always come from the east and go towards Wilton, so my knowledge of the last step might be hazy, basically don't cross lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

greenfrogs wrote: »
    So I'm approaching the Sarsfield roundabout from Togher and I want to take the exit to Kinsale road rounabout, which lane do I go in. I thought I'd stay in the right hand lane and then just before the kinsale exit, I'd go into the left hand lane. Is that right. Does the middle lane of traffic between Togher and Wilton take the Wilton exit.
    Which direction are you approaching the Sarsfield Road roundabout from, Wilton Road, Sarsfield Road or traveling west along the N40 ?

Advertisement