Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay mortgage weekly

Options
  • 16-07-2015 7:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hi there
    How do I arrange to change our variable rate mortgage to a weekly direct debit? Our mortgage contract says nothing about it having to be monthly.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

We pay our PTSB mortgage twice monthly via B364.  I get paid every 2nd Thursday, so I log on and pay half the full monthly mortgage amount due each time I get paid.  PTSB were not keen on the idea, but ultimately there was nothing they could do about it legally.  Why not give BOI mortgages a ring, tell them that weekly is the only arrangement that suits you, and ask them for the holding account and sort code? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

etymon wrote: »
    Hi there
    How do I arrange to change our variable rate mortgage to a weekly direct debit? Our mortgage contract says nothing about it having to be monthly.
    Good Morning etymon, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

As stroke Politics correctly suggested, we would advise you to call our Mortgage Team on 01 611 3333. Our dedicated representatives are available till 5pm this evening and would be more than happy to discuss the the options available to you regarding repayment frequencies. 

If we can help with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement