Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Xbox One Controller (NOT Elite)

Options
  • 16-07-2015 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got one of the newer Xbox One controllers? The one with the 3.5mm headphone jack?

It also has new improved bumpers which are supposed to make a big deal for FPS games. It can also update firmware via wireless now without the need to plug the USB cable into the controller.

For anyone that has one, are the bumpers that big a difference to warrant an upgrade?

Comments

I got one today as they were reduced in argos I personally can't see any difference in the bumpers:confused:

Aside from the 3.5mm jack , the firmware is higher than my other pads v2.2 as opposed to 1.2.2236.0 on the others.

Just spotted when checking for an update that the new one has mic monitoring built in so that might account for the different fw, wonder can that be made retroactive for the older pads :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I got one today as they were reduced in argos I personally can't see any difference in the bumpers:confused:

Aside from the 3.5mm jack , the firmware is higher than my other pads v2.2 as opposed to 1.2.2236.0 on the others.

Just spotted when checking for an update that the new one has mic monitoring built in so that might account for the different fw, wonder can that be made retroactive for the older pads :confused:

I was going to get one of these but then I thought why bother, the changes are only very minor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Does the 3.5mm jack also play game sound through it or just for voice chat?

Tinie wrote: »
    Does the 3.5mm jack also play game sound through it or just for voice chat?

Does both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mic monitoring built in you say?? I like the new pad, and I also don't like it. I probably need to get a headset with inline controls to make full use of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement