Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Moving to Bray

• 16-07-2015 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all, we are looking at a few properties in Bray that are within our price range. Can anyone give us some advice as to what the region is like? What are good places to try and settle in, and what are dodgey ones to avoid (council estates etc), yes I'm just that posh.

Also, any mention on the schools etc in Bray?

NINJA EDIT: Been looking around Mountain View Drive and Herbert Road

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

uncleseano wrote: »
    Hi all, we are looking at a few properties in Bray that are within our price range. Can anyone give us some advice as to what the region is like? What are good places to try and settle in, and what are dodgey ones to avoid (council estates etc), yes I'm just that posh.

Go find for yourself . Such balls to write the above quote "I'm just that posh moving south cause you can't afford
    The "totes "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BenIrishHome

Hi, what's your budget and how big a house do you need?

North side of Bray or little Bray used to have a not great rep but Woodbrook Glen is good and Connawood. New homes have gone in recently plus it's handy for the N11.

I'd say anywhere off Herbert Road is better than off the Boghall Road (ie Mountainview).

Are you buying or renting?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 uncleseano

Thanks Ben much appreciated. We are hoping to buy and are looking around the 300K to 350K (at a stretch) mark, it's just that Bray has so many different price tags attached to different areas that it's hard to tell what's sound and what isn't.

For example I was looking at the street view for a street called Bally Waltrim or something and the google car took some snaps of lads burning pallets in the middle of the road!

Thanks Ben much appreciated. We are hoping to buy and are looking around the 300K to 350K (at a stretch) mark, it's just that Bray has so many different price tags attached to different areas that it's hard to tell what's sound and what isn't.

For example I was looking at the street view for a street called Bally Waltrim or something and the google car took some snaps of lads burning pallets in the middle of the road!

Sounds about right for Ballywaltrim. You will get something nice on northside of Bray for 300-350. You are right, Bray is very varied. Expensive down by the coast, some rough areas in between and then some nice roads up the back (Herbert area).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Not all council estates are filled with scumbags!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Ballywalteim isnt a street. Its a huge townland covering about half of Bray and about 15 estates.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Alun wrote:
    Nothing wrong with that area, it's just over the other side of Herbert Road road from me. There's a house in my estate for sale as well ..

Crazy money for a small 3 bed house in wicklow imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

nc19 wrote: »
    Crazy money for a small 3 bed house in wicklow imo

You're not wrong. But such is life. These are the times that we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

If Bray is too expensive maybe go a bit further like Delgany or Greystones, they're only 10 mins further and lovely little spots! Greystones is a great town

FaintBum wrote: »
    If Bray is too expensive maybe go a bit further like Delgany or Greystones, they're only 10 mins further and lovely little spots! Greystones is a great town

Greystones and Delgany are more expensive than Bray for that reason. Try Kilcoole if you want something cheaper than Greystones. I moved to Arklow because it was considerably cheaper. And Arklow and Gorey are good towns for shops and pubs plus with the new M11 quicker than ever into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭FaintBum

Yes actually Gorey is a great place! Bustling little town. Well worth a look and like the above said with the new motorway you get there in no time!

Advertisement