Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosplay/Costuming people.?

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

Curious to know if there are any boards members in Cork who are into Cosplay/Costume building or any groups going around based around the same.?

Started making somethings due to boredom and upcoming Halloween and it got me thinking.

Have a good day/week all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Your a halloweener then!! Yeahh I love Halloween wrong year though as I kinda gave up for this year as not many kids call anymore not even my parents weep..

I cant say I know of anyone that does this bar maybe the game gangs that meet up in the other realm or maybe those medevil actors you see at the festivals.

So what are you making then

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

Check out the UCC Warps group:
    https://www.facebook.com/ucc.warps

They are a student organisation but may have some members who are like minded you can get in touch with regarding cosplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Hi there,

I'm always mad for an overbuilt Halloween costume and frequently start about July..

Got any plans for this year?

There is also a cosplay picnic in Fitzgerald's park next Saturday. Part of some con for ucc but open to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

mawk wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm always mad for an overbuilt Halloween costume and frequently start about July..

Got any plans for this year?

There is also a cosplay picnic in Fitzgerald's park next Saturday. Part of some con for ucc but open to anyone.

Morning all, hope ye had a good weekend. I had a productive one making pouches.. :/

The plan for this year is Deadpool but I am basing it on the figure below and not the comic one. This one has a bit more detail and a crap load of pouches which I started first and finished this weekend.

100178-deadpool-005.jpg

So because there are lots of pouches i made these ones..

NTbQmTE.jpg

LjRPppC.jpg

The rest are at the link below:

http://imgur.com/a/c9967

They still need to be weathers and a little more detail added but basically done.

Next step will be the arm gauntlets and then the leather belting for holsters, swords etc. Thankfully i started now and not a week before halloween.!!

What are you guys planning for Halloween.?

Milly33 wrote: »
    Your a halloweener then!! Yeahh I love Halloween wrong year though as I kinda gave up for this year as not many kids call anymore not even my parents weep..

I cant say I know of anyone that does this bar maybe the game gangs that meet up in the other realm or maybe those medevil actors you see at the festivals.

So what are you making then

No costume.? booo. you should make one and just sit in wearing it anyway haha

Haven't been to other realm in a very long time. I used to love the old big store. Had a strange experience with a cashier in there before. I still laugh/cringe every time i think of it :D

My idea is up above :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Those pouches are class

mordeith wrote: »
    Those pouches are class

Cheers :) glue feckin everywhere.

I can even fit my phone in one. handy out haha

Wow they are great strike jes well done. I would hate to be in a costume comp with you.. How did you go about making them then!! Deadpool looks snassy better suit really than the new one really...

Yeah Ill always do the facepaint and that but gave up on the fancy dress.... so so sad haha....

What do you do for Halloween then do you normally go to town or soemthing

Wow they are great strike jes well done. I would hate to be in a costume comp with you.. How did you go about making them then!! Deadpool looks snassy better suit really than the new one really...

Yeah Ill always do the facepaint and that but gave up on the fancy dress.... so so sad haha....

What do you do for Halloween then do you normally go to town or soemthing

Thanks :) to make them I just looked at the pouches on the Deadpool pic and picked a scale (5 inches tall and 1inch deep then just made all other measurements to scale.) drew it, cut, copied it and then covered it.

eaRmyB8.jpg
    Template

cCkNIdT.jpg
    Used the template to cut it out of cardboard.

wVQxNyd.jpg
    Covered in this fake leather (pleather?)

WGKnLFk.jpg
    Hammered through this button and done(ish)

Halloween last year I had a big party at mine but dont want that hassle this year so it will be out in town somewhere i think. Much easier.

I like the new Deadpool costume from the movie but prefer this guy as he has more stuff on him.

Facepaint will do for Halloween, costumes can be too much effort sometimes haha

wow fair deuce that is a lot of effort, the look really good... Like the mini glue gun have one myself but it drives me nuts seems to have stopped working lately must pick up another..

So there'll be a party somewhere.. But dressing up is so much fun.. Was in bad form as I wanted to make the dude from Trick or Treat Sam but just never got around to doing it.. maybe ill try again this year you've inspired me

• Advertisement

Getting there.. Sword sheathes made. suit bought.. Guns next.!

JR8ZsPc.jpg

wow that is fab..Jes your gona be the coolest kid on the block.. Cant wait to see it finished..

What are you planning just toy guns (or you making something)

wow that is fab..Jes your gona be the coolest kid on the block.. Cant wait to see it finished..

What are you planning just toy guns (or you making something)

Going to repaint toy guns black and weather them and hope i dont screw them up. Going to make the belts and holsters for the guns myself from the same leather that I used for the sword sheathes/pouches. I'm obsessed with matching the colours and the hood is a different shade of red to the suit.. aaaaaah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,743 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm currently in search of cos-players as I have a screen-faithful Slave Leia costume that needs one of the "arms" of the bra fixed. It's poly-resin over a wire frame and the resin is broken in one place (frame is intact). It was made in the US so I'm really hoping to avoid having to send it back there.

I posted in F&A with no luck whatsoever, so if anyone here knows of anyone who'd be able to fix this, I'd be forever grateful!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I'm currently in search of cos-players as I have a screen-faithful Slave Leia costume that needs one of the "arms" of the bra fixed. It's poly-resin over a wire frame and the resin is broken in one place (frame is intact). It was made in the US so I'm really hoping to avoid having to send it back there.

I posted in F&A with no luck whatsoever, so if anyone here knows of anyone who'd be able to fix this, I'd be forever grateful!

Hey, the guy at the link below is based in midleton and makes some great stuff. Not sure if he does repair but no harm shooting him a message and asking. He is the only cosplay person I'm aware of anywhere near Cork.

https://www.facebook.com/JayCosplayUK

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCosplay Props

Dial Hard wrote: »

I'm a prop maker based in county cork, i may be able to help with the repair, depending on the damage of course and if i can match the binding materials. if you could post a picture on here so i can get a better idea of the damage we may be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JayCosplay Props

Also hello everyone!

Haven't updated this in quite awhile... and since its Halloween soon I thought I would :)

Progress so far below, still have to make the belt buckle, make shoulder, knee and shin armour (greaves?) and get boots. The converse dont quite cut it :D

pretty much there though, making all the leather parts was a pain in the ass.

Has everyone decided on their Halloween costumes then? :)

SOpMkVf.jpg

oosZRgM.jpg

8gjdAlV.jpg

zvQ3HSf.jpg

Wow it looks fecking great!! Well done to you, seriously it is mad... Have to say too lovely bottom in that suit :)

Still debating about Halloween this year now, im like I want to decorate or make something but at the same time I hate the disappointment when the kids don't call. I have lots and lots of Hessain so I was thinking of making some scarecrows or sam again.. These would be props now not for me to wear

Advertisement