Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPO customer service

Options
  • 16-07-2015 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had bad experiences?
    I've had several both in the GPO itself and on the phone. I realise the job mat have it's challenges, particularly front of house, but in this day and age the way some of them treat the public is just unacceptable!
    There's one woman in particular who's queue I won't join. Even if it means I'm going to be late by standing in a longer one elsewhere. She's literally mean and aggressive. How do people get away with behaving like that in work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you made any complaints to the Postmaster in the GPO?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

dudara wrote: »
    Have you made any complaints to the Postmaster in the GPO?

Several

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

lolo62 wrote: »
    Several

Escalate it to head office. Keep complaining and get it down in writing or in the form of a formal complaint.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Escalate it to head office. Keep complaining and get it down in writing or in the form of a formal complaint.
    I might just do that

It's really the only way - write a letter to the Postmaster General. Make sure that everything is accurate and factual in your complaint.

• Advertisement

It's really the only way - write a letter to the Postmaster General. Make sure that everything is accurate and factual in your complaint.

Thanks I will. Nothing gets my goat more than someone misrepresenting the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Have no sympathy for them whatsoever. Take the nifty pay packet and do the job you're given or somebody else will gladly take it. Take that up with them next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

And what do you suppose will happen? Nothing, that's what. As with Dublin Bus, the unions in An Post are so powerful and the management so weak that a customer complaint is guaranteed to get nowhere.

Virtually every letter that arrives through my letterbox shows signs that someone attempted to peel open the flap on the envelope, I reported it and quickly figured that they couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

coylemj wrote: »
    Virtually every letter that arrives through my letterbox shows signs that someone attempted to peel open the flap on the envelope, I reported it and quickly figured that they couldn't care less.

Its a bit egotistical to assume that anyone gives a toss about reading your electricity bill and junkmail.

There aren't enough staff in An Post for there to be people attempting to open envelopes considering the vast majority of items are delivered next day.

And what do you suppose will happen? Nothing, that's what. As with Dublin Bus, the unions in An Post are so powerful and the management so weak that a customer complaint is guaranteed to get nowhere.

I agree that it's unlikely something will happen. But if you don't complain, you're guaranteeing that nothing will happen. At least make your voice heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

L1011 wrote: »
    Its a bit egotistical to assume that anyone gives a toss about reading your electricity bill and junkmail.

What on earth are you on about? It's the letters in plain envelopes that they attempt to open.
    L1011 wrote: »
    There aren't enough staff in An Post for there to be people attempting to open envelopes considering the vast majority of items are delivered next day.

An Post hasn't enough staff to pilfer from the mail? Now I've heard it all.

All it takes to tamper with my mail is one crooked employee in my local sorting office or my local postman.

I agree that it's unlikely something will happen. But if you don't complain, you're guaranteeing that nothing will happen. At least make your voice heard.

You're right and this is true but I've complained twice and nothing happened which is why I came here to see if other people were finding the same.
    I called yesterday to query registered post and spoke to a man who I can only describe as being totally nihilistic.
    I worked in customer service for years and a big part of our training was how to be warm, to show sincerity and genuine concern etc etc. I just don't understand how someone gets away with being blatantly aggressive and antagonistic while supposedly carrying out the (paid) role of customer service in this day and age?!
    Get another job if you don't like the one you're doing, plenty who would love it I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 69,038 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What on earth are you on about? It's the letters in plain envelopes that they attempt to open.

An Post hasn't enough staff to pilfer from the mail? Now I've heard it all.

All it takes to tamper with my mail is one crooked employee in my local sorting office or my local postman.

So not "virtually every" or even close then. And clearly hand sealed stuff that may look wonky to begin with.

Hyperbolic paranoia.

And yes, its impractical to even imagine there's enough staff with enough time to go filtering through your post like that. You're paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: Can we keep on topic folks, this is not a thread on interfering with mail.

Advertisement