Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No order confirmation

Options
  • 16-07-2015 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Bought something from a US website and after verified by visa screen I was brought to a blank screen. Payment has been taken but doesn't look like I'm getting an order. I have no email whatsoever from the website.
    They only have a US 1800 number to call and no email option. They apparently have live chat but I have never seen it available.
    The banks say the pending transaction look like it's coming out and keep pushing me back onto the retailer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Could you link the site. Someone might be able to advise whether it is genuine or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Its toyrus.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Only way of contact seems to be the phone number now for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Its toyrus.com

Do you mean toysrus.com? They're legit - biggest toy store in the US.

Get onto them on Facebook or Twitter. Surprised if they don't have an email support service.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Try to contact them on their facebook page. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

If they confirm that they didn't receive your order, you could try ordering from their UK website, which is a lot closer to home, and you won;t be hit with any customs/duty: http://www.toysrus.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Live Chat with Us! Please note Live Chat is offered according to Agent availability 8am-10pm EST 7 days a week.

so that's 1pm to 3am Irish Time

you should be able to call +00 1 800 869 7787

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Check the registration information for the site.
    Might at least give you an idea of how long it's been up, what country it's really hosted in, etc.

Thanks guys. Someone has just given me an email contact from their Facebook page so waiting to hear back from them.

@spocker I am trying to order a type of baby soother that they only sell in the states so can't get it from their UK site.

Anytime I go on the site for live chat apparently there mustn't be anyone available as I never get the chat option on the top right of the page

Techmaster wrote:
    Do you mean toysrus.com? They're legit - biggest toy store in the US.

Sorry yes toysrus.com

• Advertisement

Also I tried calling the number and get a message saying can't be called from your area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Is there any way to check 'my orders' on your account with them? Seems unusual not to get an email but it can happen.

Don't think Freephone or lo-call numbers can be called internationally?

Is there any way to check 'my orders' on your account with them? Seems unusual not to get an email but it can happen.

I done the order as a guest. Sorry I didn't use pay pal now. I'm not confident I'm going to get the order at this stage and just hoping the pending transaction will fall off because I can't see the bank helping me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You can call the US free phone number by prefixing 00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Also I tried calling the number and get a message saying can't be called from your area

Use Skype.I just tried and got straight through.

vandriver wrote:
    Use Skype.I just tried and got straight through.

Thanks I tried that and got on to someone. I don't think the lady could understand the Dublin accent very well but basically said they have no record of any order and that the pending transaction is probably a ghost order that will go back into my account next week

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You can call the US free phone number by prefixing 00

Don't think so, she'd need a carrier like Skype to breakout the call from within the US. You typically can't phone a freephone number from outside the country on the standard networks.

coylemj wrote: »
    Don't think so, she'd need a carrier like Skype to breakout the call from within the US. You typically can't phone a freephone number from outside the country on the standard networks.

Not going to argue with you but I have done it several times. Have you even tried?

Just got an email saying my order has been shipped. Strange.
    Wasn't expecting that at all seeing how I was told my order didn't exist on their system.
    Hopefully I'll get it now and there will be no more messing around

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Not going to argue with you but I have done it several times. Have you even tried?

No I didn't bother. How many times have you dialled a freephone number in the US by dialling 1 800 xxxxx ???

Your call wasn't rejected because there is no '800' area code in the US?

Please tell us which network you used.

• Advertisement

At least 3 times. 00 1 800 xxxxxxx. Eircom landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I've just tried and it works fine on an Eircom landline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Works fine from Three mobiles too. Have done it plenty of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I done the order as a guest. Sorry I didn't use pay pal now. I'm not confident I'm going to get the order at this stage and just hoping the pending transaction will fall off because I can't see the bank helping me

The bank should be able to tell you what date the hold on your card is. Normally it's ten days or something and if not processed it gets cancelled

ted1 wrote:
    The bank should be able to tell you what date the hold on your card is. Normally it's ten days or something and if not processed it gets cancelled

Thanks yeah bank say its there until Wednesday. I don't know if I'll get the order now.I got a dispatch email 2 nights ago bit nothing before that and toysrus basically said my order is a 'ghost' order

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

coylemj wrote: »

Not true, most UK/USA freephone numbers can be called from abroad, some might make their number regional (for example only works in Texas or the like).

Obviously the call won't be free.

The main exception to this is Ireland, which came up with a brain-dead numbering system for them, that cannot work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

At least 3 times. 00 1 800 xxxxxxx. Eircom landline.

Could the line be barred from international calls, can you call "real" american numbers?

Could the line be barred from international calls, can you call "real" american numbers?

Pardon? Have you read the posts? I have no difficulty calling any numbers. It's others who don't believe you can call US tollfree from here.

• Advertisement

I know my phone wouldn't let me. I'm Emobile. I just got a message from an saying the number can't be dialed from my region

Advertisement