Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese League - Change in Policy?

• 16-07-2015 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭

I noticed Robinho has signed for Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao along with Paulinho.

I know they are throwing big money at mercenaries to get them to join but has there been a change in the Chinese League rules or something that there are more players making their way to the league?

They have a few famous players there now:

Demba Ba
    Asamoah Gyan
    Robinho
    Paulinho
    Tim Cahill
    Alberto Gilardino

I know none of the above are superstars but I don't recall this happening before , the way it has been to Middle East so I was wondering if the league opened up more to foreign players or what the story is

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Not sure its a change in policy, you have had players thier before over the years Drogba, Anelka who come from europe at end of career.

Sure Wagner love and diego tardelli went thier also.

they also sign a lot of brazilians. I think Elkson cost 6million plus.

Its kind of similar to MLS some big stars playing with a lot of average lads from China.

Lots of money there.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did Drogba not have an issue being paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

Sure Gazza put chinese football on the map..Dong Fangzhuo before him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Robinho is nothing more than a temporary solution for Guangzhou,
    For the league they have too many foreigners (only allowed to play 3) but since they are all injured long term they took Robinho for 6 months.
    When Elkeson and Alan are fit again, his contract is over.

Guangzhou will also need him for the Asian CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭Underground

Seems to be more money floating around turkey these days too. Nani, RVP, Podolski etc all big earners. Even Antalyaspor want to sign Victor valdes who would demand a sizeable salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Seems to be more money floating around turkey these days too. Nani, RVP, Podolski etc all big earners. Even Antalyaspor want to sign Victor valdes who would demand a sizeable salary.

Turkey has an excellent tax system for footballers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Turkey has an excellent tax system for footballers.

Only 15% isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I think you are allowed 4 foreigners if one of them is from Asia, so there have been a few Australians and Koreans.

Freddy Kanoute went to Beijing when he was still relatively young.

Conca was apparently the 3rd highest paid player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo, and this was a few years ago during his first stint in China.

Mohamed Sissoko has also just signed for Shanghai Shenhua.

These high-profile payers raise awareness, but don't necessarily deliver.

For Drogba's debut game, the Shenhua stadium sold out, which virtually never happens. After that it went back to normal, with a half full stadium.

Can't remember Anelka's stats but he was atrocious. Something like 3 goals in 25 games, and didn't score a single goal at home all season.

Advertisement