Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just upgraded to efibre and problems

Options
  • 16-07-2015 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

So I finally I got the offer to upgrade to efibre,in which I have.Efibre was installed for me yesterday.However today I notice I have no landline at all anymore.To add insult to injury I am being double billed for a total of 86.70.I no longer seem to be allowed to post on Eircom's forum for support, as all options are greyed out, I can just view the forum.
    I called support they informed they cannot do anything for me until tomorrow.My speed was fine yesterday and now  upload speed has been cut to 4mb's sometimes 7mb(fluctuates).Whereas yesterday I had a solid 70mb dl and 20mb up.The engineer that performed my installation told me my line can easily support 130mb.s as he showed me on his tablet.A whole new line has been ran from the junction box.

Also the agreement I had with Michael the sales guy, was to have an install date that had my bill recurrence at the end of the month.He assured me that having it installed on the 15th that my billing cycle would recur on the 28th of each month.

As for the double billing,I was told on the phone that I am being billed for my bill from previous package (as expected) and paying the first month of efibre in advance.Is this true and does that mean I will not have a bill next month?

When can I hope to have my home phone and broadband speeds back that I had on intial installation?Also could you please investigate my Eircom forum account,so that I may actually be able to post there for support.I will gladly pm an Eircom rep my details

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

So I finally I got the offer to upgrade to efibre,in which I have.Efibre was installed for me yesterday.However today I notice I have no landline at all anymore.To add insult to injury I am being double billed for a total of 86.70.I no longer seem to be allowed to post on Eircom's forum for support, as all options are greyed out, I can just view the forum.
    I called support they informed they cannot do anything for me until tomorrow.My speed was fine yesterday and now  upload speed has been cut to 4mb's sometimes 7mb(fluctuates).Whereas yesterday I had a solid 70mb dl and 20mb up.The engineer that performed my installation told me my line can easily support 130mb.s as he showed me on his tablet.A whole new line has been ran from the junction box.

Also the agreement I had with Michael the sales guy, was to have an install date that had my bill recurrence at the end of the month.He assured me that having it installed on the 15th that my billing cycle would recur on the 28th of each month.

As for the double billing,I was told on the phone that I am being billed for my bill from previous package (as expected) and paying the first month of efibre in advance.Is this true and does that mean I will not have a bill next month?

When can I hope to have my home phone and broadband speeds back that I had on intial installation?Also could you please investigate my Eircom forum account,so that I may actually be able to post there for support.I will gladly pm an Eircom rep my details

Thanks
    HI Phoenix1608

I'm sorry to hear of these issues, firstly I would like to clarify that the eircom forum is currently under maintenance and is set to read only right now.

I would also like to clarify in your first efibre bill t it is normal to pay for your service up to now and one months in advance - all bills are in advance of one month.

I can understand the level of concern that you would have in relation to the slow speeds and loss of service so early in to your experience with efibre however I will gladly look in to this further if you could PM me your eircom account number.

Many thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Phoenix1608

Hi Al,

Pm sent

Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Al,

Pm sent

Many Thanks
    Hi Phoenix1608

My tests show that see that there is indeed an issue with your line itself.

My test results indicate that this would certainly be causing the difficulties you are experiencing and issues seems to be located externally. This will need to be logged to engineers to asses and resolve. Please contact the broadband support centre to log the issues. You can contact technical support oon instant webchat at eircom.ie/chatnow or on free phone 1901 or Locall 1890260260 - there is also an online form for logging a fault here: https://www.eircom.net/logafault.jsp

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Phoenix1608

Hi Al,

Many thanks for your assistance.I logged a fault through that link as you requested.Hopefully this can be resolved asap

Thanks

Advertisement