Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

folio numbers of lands

Options
  • 16-07-2015 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

i sent off my deer licence application with the same 3 letters i have used for the last six seasons,i got a call from the national parks saying 2 of my letters had the wrong folios.i asked the farmers about this and they were baffled.another friend of mine has two of the same letters i use and never heard anything from national parks.any idea what its about,

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I had this last year. The same lands used for years and last year they were "wrong". I assured them they were the same and correct numbers and heard nothing more.

License arrived in August.

I believe it had something to do with how the NPWS get their folio numbers compared to whats on the land registry or something along those lines. Not 100% on the specifics so cannot be definite.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

i cant understand why i got a call and my 2 friends didnt,i had the same thing last year.i dont know what process is used but if the folio is wrong its wrong for everyone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I understand your frustration. As said i had the exact same issue and my mate that shot on some of the same permissions as me never had this trouble. Perhpas that how the resolved it. Checked his against mine and seen they were the same, then checked back over the last few years.

Also the local ranger lives near me and in the middle of my permissions so knows the land owners personally.

I won't pretend to understand how they get their details, but there is obviously some confusion between what the farmers have and where the NPWS get their info.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Kiltris

Same craic happened me last year, I just confirmed with them that they were in fact correct and to recheck their information. Heard no more and the licence arrived in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I wonder is it a type of filter where they ring certain applicants to see if they actually have permissions on the land in question or are just chancing it?
    Seems like too many to be a coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

I had issues with mine as well this year. Mine turned out to be the famers land has some of his folio number bundled together into one. Dealt with a nice guy at the npws and there using the paid version of the land direct site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Could even be something as simple as a new girl in the office for a few different being trained in and made a mistake. Just maybe get in touch and ask them to recheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Check this site out, it fixed my application for me last year
    https://www.landdirect.ie/pramap.aspx/#

• Registered Users Posts: 24 deerhunter 25-06

ta for that tackleberry but im struggling to use it.is it possible to phone someone to confirm the land owners folio numbers.

Advertisement