Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gradual tan from a bottle!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

MrWalsh wrote: »
    I wish they had a fake tan that came in a sachet that you could empty into a bath full of water, get in, immerse your whole body for a few seconds, get out and dry off and be evenly tanned all over with no smell or streaks.

lol, if only. Be nice alright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Wow, Mr Walsh - in line for the next million - let's somehow go ahead and invent this!

Except, what about the...er...mucous membranes? (Just a little quirk to solve. Vaseline? sorted!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

katemarch wrote: »
    Wow, Mr Walsh - in line for the next million - let's somehow go ahead and invent this!

Except, what about the...er...mucous membranes? (Just a little quirk to solve. Vaseline? sorted!)

You saw it here first!! Ill be looking for royalties from whoever markets it.

Would you not want the whole, er, area, tanned?

Actually, itd ruin any bumhole bleachings!!! So maybe more than vaseline needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Another Dove fan here, I swear by it.

I use the medium-dark on my upper body (and it's brilliant) but for some reason I find it a bit streaky on my legs so I use the lighter one on them.
    I have the shimmery one but because I shower in the morning after using it the shimmer goes so I wouldn't bother to buy it again.

I'm going out tonight and forgot to put Dove on my legs in the week so I'm trying the Sally Hansen Legs spray when I get home...fingers crossed...can always wear jeans if it goes wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

This Dove gradual tan is on BOGOF in Tesco at the min so picked up two of the med to dark. Offer ends 10th August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    This Dove gradual tan is on BOGOF in Tesco at the min so picked up two of the med to dark. Offer ends 10th August.

It was 3.49 in Boots! I think the Buy one get one free had it priced at 7 euro something

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

My natural holiday tan is starting to fade :( so I'm off to buy some Dove. :p You can't all be wrong. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Do people apply the dove as they would a normal body lotion or as if it were a fake tan and sort of pay more attention to it?
    I find it can be a bit streaky on me and Im at risk to sweat it off on a warm/hot day also :(

Hoping Im just not "respecting" it enough and just need to fine tune my application of it, coz it really does give a lovely colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

deise_girl wrote: »
    Do people apply the dove as they would a normal body lotion or as if it were a fake tan and sort of pay more attention to it?
    I find it can be a bit streaky on me and Im at risk to sweat it off on a warm/hot day also :(

Hoping Im just not "respecting" it enough and just need to fine tune my application of it, coz it really does give a lovely colour

The streaky was one of the reasons I stopped using it. Also that it stays tacky for ages while drying and I hated hanging round in my nip for so long waiting for it to dry in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I just lash it on tbh:pac: I use plenty of it all over then give it 2-3 mins to settle and throw on a loose dressing gown for a while..I usually do it at night and have a lovely colour in the morning.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I just slap it on before bed. I try to stick roughly the same amount on each arm and coat my chest and neck evenly enough. I rarely do my legs as I have to shave every two days minimum which strips it off :( The tops of my arms are always a bit paler than my forearms though, even when naturally getting some tan, but I've only ever had streaking issues if I went really overboard on some patch of skin, or washed it all off the tops of my hands and wrists before going to sleep, or if I didn't exfoliate properly.

I always do it at night, it's easier in the summer when I can sit around in my underwear for a while before throwing on some pyjamas. I will admit it stays a little sticky/tacky for about 10 minutes after application, and this is actually a good thing because you can feel which areas have been covered and which haven't. But it kind of dries off or sinks in if you give it long enough. In winter, I only really put it on if I plan on wearing something fancy that requires a bit of a tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Miss_Lauren

+1 on the Cocoa Brown. Its the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've never tried a gradual tanner but really intrigued to try Dove after reading this thread! I'd love to have a bit of a glow all the time.

I usually use a mitt when I'm putting on tan, I take it you just use your hands with this like a normal body lotion? So do you wash your hands straight after to avoid orange palms? And if so, then what happens the backs of your hands, as you'd wash the lotion off there as well??! Sorry for the stupid questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I've never tried a gradual tanner but really intrigued to try Dove after reading this thread! I'd love to have a bit of a glow all the time.

I usually use a mitt when I'm putting on tan, I take it you just use your hands with this like a normal body lotion? So do you wash your hands straight after to avoid orange palms? And if so, then what happens the backs of your hands, as you'd wash the lotion off there as well??! Sorry for the stupid questions!

I put it on like a lotion. I use the fair to medium one, so normally I wash my hands after applying it, but I do try to be careful about washing the tops of my hands and wrists (especially at the second or third application/day). As it's gradual, it's not so bad if you can't get the hand washing trick down immediately :)

Advertisement