Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival - Wicklow Way start

Options
  • 16-07-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

We're kicking off the Wicklow Way on Saturday, turns out, there's the Longitude Festival right at the Wicklow Way start.

I am not familiar enough with the park, does the festival prevent us starting from the park?

From the maps it seems we would be able to get to the start freely.

http://www.wicklowway.com/trail-description/marlay-park-knockree.php
    The Wicklow Way begins at the car park adjacent to Marlay House, with its courtyard of interesting craft workshops and a pleasant little coffee shop.

http://www.longitude.ie/

LONG%20MAP%2015.jpg

Q9YYwd2.jpg

What say you?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

The wicklow way doesn't start at the point marked there, it starts over at the other side of the park, very close to where the entrance into Longitude will be. I really don't think you'll be able to get into it to be honest. Sorry.

The roads will be closed off around it as well.

I'd call MCD first thing in the morning and ask if they could help you out. Wouldn't hold your breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

That sucks balls, bigtime!

Cant believe this. Been working towards this for 18 months. Lost 40 kilo and this walk is the end of my journey to get fit & healthy.

Aye, I will call MCD if they can do something for me. Otherwise we will have to start somewhere else.

So, what is MCD and what is their number? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Maybe you will be able to access Marlay park from College Road entrance and then follow it back as far as you can to the start?

Thanks. We will see how it goes.

I didnt get any replies from MCD nor Festival Republic

• Advertisement

I just got a reply from MCD and Festival Republic. Festival Republic is going to try and accommodate for us to start walking from the start. How fecking cool is that aye!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Poncke wrote: »
    I just got a reply from MCD and Festival Republic. Festival Republic is going to try and accommodate for us to start walking from the start. How fecking cool is that aye!!!

And did they? :)

And did they? :)

Kind of. I got an email telling me that the park was open to the public at some places. We took an alternative starting point from the park. Fair enough.

Advertisement