Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

been refused public liability on material fact

Options
  • 16-07-2015 6:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭

Was quoted 350€ from a broker for public liability but after I received my forms to sign, I contacted them because it mentioning about have I had issues with revenue (forget the actual wording) and informed them that I owed them money before after the collapse in 2008. I was self employed and when everything went pear shaped, I couldn't pay the 1000euro in tax I owed. Revenue sent it to a recovery agent where I agreed to pay 50€ a month. I've now paid all what I owe and when going for a quote, I never knew I had to inform them of this matter.

Axa the main insurer refused to insure me once I mentioned it to the broker after the letter.

What I'm wanting to know, does this mean axa will refuse to insure me from now on or will there be a time limit before they accept me as a customer. Reason why im asking is they where the cheapest quote and would hope to get insured in the future. Any other company is coming out near 3 times more :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

As Public Liability is not a compulsory insurance in Ireland, no insurer is obliged to quote you. You may just go with the best that will accept your situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

As Public Liability is not a compulsory insurance in Ireland, no insurer is obliged to quote you. You may just go with the best that will accept your situation

:(

Advertisement