Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

customer complaint - where to go ?

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi all hoping someone can help, I need to complain the manager of a company but they dont have a direct boss ? What options have I ? Its in relation to harrassment , unprofessional manner, abuse etc ? Any help appreciated tks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Write to the owner?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HairMare

Stheno wrote: »
    Write to the owner?

Owned by share holders / directors predominantly non resident, only meet at agm etc
    Ive literally been spoken to like ****e on a shoe on a regular basis now and I've had enuf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

HairMare wrote: »
    Owned by share holders / directors predominantly non resident, only meet at agm etc
    Ive literally been spoken to like ****e on a shoe on a regular basis now and I've had enuf

Are you speaking about a management company?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Is this a consumer issue or an employment issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod: Hi OP, can you please clarify your relationship with this company. Are you dealing with them as a consumer (only for personal use) or is a business relationship?

• Advertisement

Sorry yes dealing with them as a consumer, they are part of a bigger group, but this lady is her own boss or gm of a section if that helps _

Reading back can see it wasnt clear

Like is there a consumer body that I can log a complaint against her, I am planning write to board, but they may never even read it. In the mean time I know I still have to deal with the abuse, condescension and outright threats and ultimatums etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Like is there a consumer body that I can log a complaint against her, I am planning write to board, but they may never even read it. In the mean time I know I still have to deal with the abuse, condescension and outright threats and ultimatums etc

Not really to be honest, you've given so little information it's hard to tell you how to proceed.

If it's a business then write to the owners/board

Are you dealing with them on a continual basis, and if you are, why so if they are so nasty to deal with?

I was always dealing with a different person in company account went into arrears last month as out sick, making double payments to bring it back into line , which she agreed to, but she still not happy, ringing eveyda, textingif I don't answer ,(at work and cant) Texting and ringing in th e evenings, with threats a d ultimatums its unreal. Im a tough cookie but the way she soeaks to me its unreal,
    Stheno wrote: »
    Not really to be honest, you've given so little information it's hard to tell you how to proceed.

If it's a business then write to the owners/board

Are you dealing with them on a continual basis, and if you are, why so if they are so nasty to deal with?

• Advertisement

Perhaps contact the Company Secretary. The CS has responsibility for regulatory/legal compliance and the behaviour you described could have implications for the company so he/she may be interested in their employee's behaviours.
    In the meantime the next time the person rings tell her not to call again and to only communicate with you via post, email, whatever you prefer. That should give you breathing space to get a written agreement on the debt.

Thanks for that, debt will be cleared for end of month, but ive been kinda told by my original contact th at she will find some other issue to hound over then. Will try to locate company secretary as that Makes sense

squote="slimjimmc;96270952"]Perhaps contact the Company Secretary. The CS has responsibility for regulatory/legal compliance and the behaviour you described could have implications for the company so he/she may be interested in their employee's behaviours.
    In the meantime the next time the person rings tell her not to call again and to only communicate with you via post, email, whatever you prefer. That should give you breathing space to get a written agreement on the debt.[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Next time she rings you ask her to check out this link http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/debt/debt_collection.html

Harassment and intimidation

All debt collectors, including private individuals and debt collection agencies, are covered by Section 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997. This provides that a person is guilty of an offence if he/she makes any demand for payment of a debt and if:

The demands are so frequent as to be calculated to subject you or a member of your family to alarm, distress or humiliation, or
    The person falsely represents that criminal proceedings lie for non-payment of the debt, or
    The person falsely represents that he or she is authorised in some official capacity to enforce payment, or
    The person utters a document falsely represented to have an official character
    If you are subjected to such behaviour by your creditor or by a debt collection agency, you should report the matter to the Gardaí.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

debt will be cleared for end of month,
    Once cleared, is it possible you can stop dealing with them entirely at that point, and move to another company? It sounds like you'd be best off not buying from them any more.

As others have said, there isn't any place you can complain to, apart from getting legal if she is actually harassing you and behaving in a criminal manner.

The best solution to poor customer service is to stop giving them your business and money.

Thats what were looking at doing, two family member wont be spending €50k that was planned, theyve been left 40k in last 2/3 yrs, thru this and other arms of business. In one sense I feel like moving would be her winning, where aside from her we were happy with service and previous acc manager,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If she is an account manager, moving would hit her hard!

You would be winning as long as you can find another suitable supplier.

@Hairmare: I've deleted your post on the other person's character or motives. It might be relevant to whoever reads your complaint but's not relevant to this thread.

hi there fair enough - but when your being unfairly treated surely the reason why comes into play ? whether its speculation / hearsay or whichever - I havent named company or even industry. But I respect your decision

Advertisement