Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on wheels upgrade

• 16-07-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi,

I currently have Campagnolo Zondas on the racing bike, but I'm looking for a light wheelset that will be used in road racing, and will use the Zondas for training.
    The wheels I am looking at are Shimano dura ace 9000 c24, Fulcrum racing zeros and Campagnolo Shamals.
    Would I notice a difference between the Zondas and the above? Enough of a performance difference to spend the extra cash (twice the price on most sites)

Opinions are greatly appreciated as I have never ridden wheels better than the Zondas.

(I'm a 67kg, 6ft tall rider if that influences which wheel suits me)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

darraghm92 wrote: »
    Hi,

I currently have Campagnolo Zondas on the racing bike, but I'm looking for a light wheelset that will be used in road racing, and will use the Zondas for training.
    The wheels I am looking at are Shimano dura ace 9000 c24, Fulcrum racing zeros and Campagnolo Shamals.
    Would I notice a difference between the Zondas and the above? Enough of a performance difference to spend the extra cash (twice the price on most sites)

Opinions are greatly appreciated as I have never ridden wheels better than the Zondas.

(I'm a 67kg, 6ft tall rider if that influences which wheel suits me)

you will undoubtedly see a difference..
    the wheels youve mentioned more than being lighter are stiffer which inturn means more responsive

they are all beautiful and extremely well made but for sheer longevity and work horse qualities id go for the shamals
    fulcrums next..
    dura ace last
    good luck with your purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have Zondas and Fulcrum Racing Zeros.
    The Zeros are undoubtedly better, slightly lighter, slightly stiffer.
    However, I don't think, that the Zeros are worth twice as much as the Zondas.
    But, if I had to do it again, I'd still buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't think, that the Zeros are worth twice as much as the Zondas.
    But, if I had to do it again, I'd still buy them.

Cyclists. A marketing man's dream. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Went through something similar recently. Here's the thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057422691

FWIW, I went with the Dura Ace.

Advertisement