Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late to apply for DIT?

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've read the cao handbook about late applications but it's so confusing ;___;
    Basically, is it too late to apply? It says something about late application exceptions until the 22nd of July, but then it says only if you are a current student in any 'HEI', what about uni's? I went to NUIG. Does this apply to me?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Are you currently enrolled in a college?

HEI- Higher Education of ireland , eg. Dit , ucd, nuig, tcd,ect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

If you are still in college, you can apply for a non-standard late application to CAO. Deadline is 22nd of July so you'll want to get your skates on in order to get it done in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 1469780

yup, still a student in nuig. I also have to sign the withdrawal form from nuig, do you think I will have to show this to dit?
    also, do I just apply to cao directly? I know I have to apply in paper form only, is there anything else? I heard they give you a new cao number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

call cao Asap.

No point getting half arsed answers here

You can do normal courses that dont require portfolios (like arts,music) or things that dont require interviews.

I did the same thing. Was in UL this year but dropped out and reapplied for another course in DIT. Everything is done through CAO. Calling DIT will be wasting your time as they don't deal with that kind of stuff for undergrad courses. Call CAO and they will tell you what needs to be done.

What I did was fill in the paper application form, got a letter from UL stating that I was a student from whatever dates until you dropped out and sent it off in the post. Sent my application in mid-June and I still haven't gotten my CAO number yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 1469780

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What I did was fill in the paper application form, got a letter from UL stating that I was a student from whatever dates until you dropped out and sent it off in the post. Sent my application in mid-June and I still haven't gotten my CAO number yet.

Ah crap, I don't think I'll have everything done by the 22nd. Cause I have to contact cao for the application fee form, right? Wait for that to come, fill out the form, get a letter from nuig...

What the hell do I do ;_________;

1469780 wrote: »
    Ah crap, I don't think I'll have everything done by the 22nd. Cause I have to contact cao for the application fee form, right? Wait for that to come, fill out the form, get a letter from nuig...

What the hell do I do ;_________;

I didn't wait around for that. I just went straight to the bank and got a bank draft of E80 and then sent it off along with the form and letter from UL

Advertisement