Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikarus for Arma 3

• 16-07-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

A few of us been playing more and more of the Ikarus mod for Arma 3 lately. It's a "hold the objective", squad versus squad mission that also has a persistence system whereby your Company gets to keep captured loot and use it in other missions. The whole system runs through a website where you create your company, buy equipment and choose your loadout for the mission and then enter match making where it automatically picks a server for your squad to fight in.

If anyone is interested, the mission author is hosting an event on Saturday at 6pm and it would be great to get more players. You only have one life in the mission (like Battleroyale) so if we have more players then the dead players can start another mission without having to wait for everyone to die smile.png As other players die in the first mission they can reinforce their squad in the new mission by paradrop so there shouldn't be much downtime.

Some of the other features include:
    • Squad versus AI (so you can practice)
    • An option to reinforce a squad by paradrop if you missed the start of the round
    • Multi-stage missions where you need a key form a previous missions to unlock special missions in other games (the persistence allows this)
    • You only get one life
    • It's very hardcore so bring those GPS devices for navigation!

The link to the website and the only mod you meed is here:

https://ikarus.idlep...s.com/howtoplay

Note: It uses the Steam API for logging in which is fairly normal for a lot of gaming sites so don't worry about that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is an excellent mod, still in DEV but very playable.

PRO TIP:
    Get your squad to wear the same uniforms or you will end out killing each other (its on veteran so no squad tags, no map spotting).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

They fixed the Firefox bug. Anyone can try this at any time but it's better with a squad and even better if you have 2 squads. The servers are brought up automatically and you connect through the website so you don't need to use the server browser (you only need to have steam open).

Good games on Saturday, it really needs the 3rd squad to drop in and fcuk things up.

Yeah, he's considering how to change the gameplay when there are only two squads so rounds end faster without needing you to drive all the way back to base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,579 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is this only on specific nights lads or is there a regular time during the week people are on?

Finally have a night off tomorrow and was lookin to have a few games

• Advertisement

I have a squad ready to go if Jumbo can get one, Eoin would you have a squad ?

Dying to see the 3v3 part of it with the new deploy.

You can jump on at any time and play as a single squad versus AI if you want to test out the game. The same goes if two or more squads want to arrange a battle. Wednesday is just a scheduled event day to try and get as many players on together as possible.

Eoin, you can add me on Steam (jumbobreakfast) and contact me that way if you have any questions or if you're stuck for a squad. I'll see if I can get a few guys together but Rocket League is eating into everyone's time :)

Sorry for the late reply,night worker atm so my hours are all over the place.

@dreamers
    I wouldnt have a squad man,most of my mates are PS4 and the lad id normally be on Arma with just had surgery a few weeks ago on his arm so is MIA for a bit.

@jumbo
    Ill add you on steam man cheers,between GTA and Rocket League on PS4 im finding it hard to find much time for arma as well but id love to get into some decent team based play. Invite sent on steam

Missus is after making me a surprise dinner tonight,and all i wanted was a few beers and a bit of pew pew:( Ill endevour to get on at a reasonable hour and see if i can catch you guys on.

EoinHef wrote: »
    @jumbo
    Ill add you on steam man cheers,between GTA and Rocket League on PS4 im finding it hard to find much time for arma as well but id love to get into some decent team based play.

Missus is after making me a surprise dinner tonight,and all i wanted was a few beers and a bit of pew pew:( Ill endevour to get on at a reasonable hour and see if i can catch you guys on.

no worries man, hop on any time. Arma was acting a bit odd for me last night anyway so I might not be playing tonight

eoinhef sent you a steam request there.

Will be on Arma morrow night about 11ish.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    eoinhef sent you a steam request there.

Will be on Arma morrow night about 11ish.

Got it and accepted,im working now till next tuesday though unfortunately:(

Night work is a real pain for me,very unsociable hours.

Just grabbing icarus and installing it now,is ACE part of it?

Well that was quick,1.3GB download in about 2 minutes,thats impressive for a mod website:)

Ikarus 1.0 released. There's a good post here with more details about the game mode and concepts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/3iz0r1/ikarus_10_released/

Advertisement