Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Construction

Options
  • 16-07-2015 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm building a new two storey house and am looking for some advice on the insulation side of things for the cavity walls.
    The drawings from the engineer specify a 100mm external leaf, 150mm cavity fully filled with Pumped Bead insulation, a 100mm inner leaf and 50mm insulated plasterboard fixed to inside using dot/dab plaster.
    We are not using Mechanical Heat Recovery Ventilation, we are just using natural wall vents throughout the house.
    I've read on a number of threads that drylining is not recommended for new houses in Ireland if possible due to the risk of condensation, damp and mould.
    Are there any builders/engineers that may have experience of this type of wall construction? Could you advise on whether I am asking for trouble going with this system?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This is the Newbies & FAQ forum. Its purpose is for users to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

The question you have asked does not belong here. You'd have much better luck if you asked in our Construction & Planning forum.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Advertisement