Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV vs Solar Tubes

Options
  • 16-07-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm wondering has anyone out there built a new house recently and used Solar PV panels to meet the Building Regulations? The PV panels seem to be much more expensive than the Solar Tubes at the moment, and I personally feel that the PV option offers a reduction in the electricity bill rather than just solely heating the water. My engineer has recommended 6sq.m of solar tubes plus a 300L cylinder to meet the Building Regs. If I had to settle for just hot water, I'd go with the Solar Collectors as they look more flush with the roof slates when installed.

So should I go Solar PV? Solar Tubes? Solar Collection? Is it worth the extra money for the PV panels? Or should I just stick with the cheaper hot water option? Note I am not using HRV or Air to Water heating.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This is the Newbies & FAQ forum. Its purpose is for users to ask questions about the boards.ie site itself.

The question you have asked does not belong here. You'd have much better luck if you asked in our Renewable Energies forum.

Thanks,

-Shield.

Advertisement