Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien streaming saorview stations

Options
  • 16-07-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have an amiko alien 2 and need to remotely stream live tv (freeview such as itv etc) while allowing my parents to watch another freeview station. I have set it up correctly (as far as i know) and can stream stations which are currently being watched but cannot stream an alternative station.

The box is a triple tuner and it has 2 feeds from the satellite, and i use a 32gb key. Is there something I'm doing wrong...? The details of the box are:

Enigma2 PKTEAM image 4.5

Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0214
    Firmware version: unavailable
    Gui version: 2013-11-13
    Tuners
    Tuner A: Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C) (DVB-T)
    Tuner B: Tuner1-Sat (DVB-S2)
    Tuner C: Tuner2-Sat (DVB-S2)

Any help is much appreciated

Mod Notice: I live in an apartment that can't have satellites or aerials and i do not wish to get UPC tv, so this is my alternative and is only for freeview

Cheers
    dpjmie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

dpjmie wrote: »
    I have an amiko alien 2 and need to remotely stream live tv (freeview such as itv etc) while allowing my parents to watch another freeview station. I have set it up correctly (as far as i know) and can stream stations which are currently being watched but cannot stream an alternative station.

The box is a triple tuner and it has 2 feeds from the satellite, and i use a 32gb key. Is there something I'm doing wrong...? The details of the box are:

Enigma2 PKTEAM image 4.5

Kernel version: 2.6.32.61_stm24_0214
    Firmware version: unavailable
    Gui version: 2013-11-13
    Tuners
    Tuner A: Tuner3-T/T2(T/T2/C) (DVB-T)
    Tuner B: Tuner1-Sat (DVB-S2)
    Tuner C: Tuner2-Sat (DVB-S2)

Any help is much appreciated

Mod Notice: I live in an apartment that can't have satellites or aerials and i do not wish to get UPC tv, so this is my alternative and is only for freeview

Cheers
    dpjmie
    You dont say what your using to stream ( pc or raspberry pi or odroid )
    Im using an odroid and can stream from my amiko using the dreamdroid app

If your using a pc and webif there is an option that says

zap before stream
    its on the left hand side about half way down

which will change the tv box to whatever channel your streaming so you would want to uncheck that and you can then watch a different channel on the main tv while streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Technofobe wrote: »
    You dont say what your using to stream ( pc or raspberry pi or odroid )
    Im using an odroid and can stream from my amiko using the dreamdroid app

If your using a pc and webif there is an option that says

zap before stream
    its on the left hand side about half way down

which will change the tv box to whatever channel your streaming so you would want to uncheck that and you can then watch a different channel on the main tv while streaming

Cheers for the reply, I am using a mac mini and xbmc, and finally got it to work, the enigma image needed to be updated.. when u zap a station, it changes the station on the main television, which was something i wanted to avoid as i wanted to be able to play different stations

Cheers
    dpjmie

Advertisement