Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picpockets at Semple Stadium - should be a sticky

• 17-07-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭

This should be highlighted but has appeared to be under the radar. Just heard of another friend getting pickpocketed at Sundays game during half time. Apparently the gents toilets are a joke same entry and exit point and DARK.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

swoofer wrote: »
    This should be highlighted but has appeared to be under the radar. Just heard of another friend getting pickpocketed at Sundays game during half time. Apparently the gents toilets are a joke same entry and exit point and DARK.

It is beyond a joke...........................when will the County Board insist on doing something........................there could be some supervision................find a way of limiting numbers...........10 out and then let a further 10 in.

On big match days put up a notice or notices "Pick Pockets Operating in This Area"

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,049 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Down with this sort of thing

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks for replies, I get the impression this is rampant but is kept low key!! Heard of more today at the Clare game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Going to games in Thurles all my life and have never heard of this being a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭swoofer

It could be the stand you are in and you dont keep your wallet in your back pocket. I admit I was surprised as well but spoke with 2 people in quick succession and two different games is a bit too much for my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Going to games in Thurles all my life and have never heard of this being a problem.

Has the bar been open all your life?

And on how many Sundays have you been at three inter counties matches on the same day?

I personally know a 90 year old man whose wallet was pickpocket in the Killinan end toilet under the old stand last year. His major loss was a few quid and his Social Welfare Pension card.

Hate to say it but this toilet should be inspected by the Safety and Health Authority. Maybe for that matter all toilets.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Please dont make this a Sticky

I've had friends pick pocked in Croker and the Pairc. Common sense should prevail in crowded areas like matches concerts and large events

Advertisement