Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alternatives in e-cigs?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 1:02am

I had an e-cig, shop bought cheap one, it worked brilliantly. However, it made my ankles swell up and a rash appear on my feet and ankles. So I take it I was allergic to the thing. I never looked into the hows and whys, just stopped using it. However, because it was such a great tool (I had pretty much stopped smoking), I'd like to know if anyone had a similar experience, or if anyone knows why this happened, and if there are alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Coincidental timing. I'll be amazed and eat my hat if you come back after trying ecigs again and tell us it happened again. If you were allergic you'd have had a reaction in your mouth lips or face not on the bodypart furthest from the point of contact with the allergen.

Calibos wrote: »
    Coincidental timing. I'll be amazed and eat my hat if you come back after trying ecigs again and tell us it happened again. If you were allergic you'd have had a reaction in your mouth lips or face not on the bodypart furthest from the point of contact with the allergen.

Honestly I don't think so - the swellings and red marks only appeared after using the e-cig. They went down overnight and only again reappeared around midmorning when I started using the e-cig. Never had a trace of them after I stopped using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Honestly I don't think so - the swellings and red marks only appeared after using the e-cig. They went down overnight and only again reappeared around midmorning when I started using the e-cig. Never had a trace of them after I stopped using it.

You sure you're not pregnant :D:D:D:D:D sorry for laughing but that ailment is a good one,wish I could help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

If you're certain that vaping was the cause I'd suggest you try some different juices / liquids as it may have been something in what you were vaping.
    Some people have issues with liquids that have a high percentage of pg in them whereas you don't hear much about problems with those that are primarily vg based.
    Additionally, some (not all) of the cheaper juices might not have had the same level of production control.
    One last thing, you should always wash new tanks out thoroughly before use as some may have oils etc on them from the production process.

You sure you're not pregnant :D:D:D:D:D sorry for laughing but that ailment is a good one,wish I could help you.

Well, this all happened ten months ago, so it's unlikely to be pregnancy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Well, this all happened ten months ago, so it's unlikely to be pregnancy ;)

:D:D:D that long ago,we do have a Doctor on this forum,maybe he can help;):D

Advertisement