Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Android

Options
  • 17-07-2015 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

i was banned yesterday for sharing a link about my new <mod snip> app. I agree that I should not of posted it twice in the Android forum and within the "must have apps" thread. I apologised to the Moderator The Corinthian. He mentioned that he removed my posts and claims that any posting of play store links is spamming. All I would like to do is set up a thread about my app in that section and get some feedback from my fellow Android users. The app is called <mod snip>, which can be found here <URL removed>.

I would be forever grateful if you would allow me to post about my app on the Android section?

Thanks,

Jessy Conroy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Hi Moderators,

Any update on this? Will you allow me to post about my <Mod snip> App on the Android forum? The app is still in beta so any feedback from users is vital to me.

Again I would be forever grateful,

Thanks
    Jessy Conroy
    Mobile Application Developer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

This thread does not belong here, as you don't have any bans, infractions or warnings to appeal. You also have full access to the Android forum at time of writing.

If you were instructed not to post details about your app by a forum Moderator, then that's them doing their job. Section 5 of the site's Terms of Use read:

5. You agree, through use of this service, NOT to use boards.ie to post any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional content, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', or any other form of commercial publicity

You already have a thread about this in Commuting & Transport here, Mobile Application here, and you feel hard done by because a third forum stopped you from essentially spamming the site's user base? Once was new thread where you posted identical of your original post above, and once on a preexisting thread here. That means you posted the same content four times in 3 different forums.

I would strongly advise you to let this go, and not to try this anymore on here if you are developing new apps. It's amazing you haven't been banned from the entire site for spamming multiple forums with the same content. People have been site-banned permanently for less. Consider yourself very lucky you haven't been.

-Shield.

Advertisement