Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 memory filling up

• 17-07-2015 10:15am

Over the last while I appear to be constantly getting the storage almost full message and running out of space completely at times and having to delete photos etc. I thought it was strange as I have far less photos on it at this stage than in the past and similar amounts of apps, music etc yet the memory is full (its a 16Gb iPhone).

So last night I did a back up, cleaned it up a bit and updated to 8.4 and had 800mb free after all that so I said lovely that will keep me going ages. Just a few mins ago again got the warning low memory and memory was down to 80mb and just now checked again and down to 0 bytes. I've downloaded nothing and taken one picture since last night. There was also a considerable conflict last night between what iTunes said my free memory was (1.25Gb) and what the phone said (800mb).

Any one know what might be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Do a hard reset. It could be 8.4 holding on in some place. I have fixed the same issue for a number of friends doing this.

Do a hard reset. It could be 8.4 holding on in some place. I have fixed the same issue for a number of friends doing this.

Do you mean reset all setting or a total wipe and restore?

Its getting worse though I've deleted about 200mb of stuff just now and it didnt free 1mb of space even for a second and apps are crashing obviously due to the lack of memory. Im also seeing null apps appear in my manage storage and when I delete them they just reappear. Its getting extremely annoying at this stage.

Just to point out I had the problem before I updated to 8.4, I hadn't done an update since 8.1 before that.

No, hold the power and home button until you see the Apple logo.

No, hold the power and home button until you see the Apple logo.

Ah ok, I'd already tried that more than once and it didn't help.

Have you automatic app or music updates / installs / photo stream (from another device)?

• Advertisement

Auto app updates is on but it couldn't be that using so much memory so fast. They usually just replace an exciting app (plus or minus a few mb), there were a few updates since the update to iOS 8.4 but as I said don't see how it could be that.

I don't have any photo stream etc. I roughly added up all my apps, music and photos in manage storage and I'm coming up with only around 8gb of the 12gb available on the phone, I know "other" can take up a good bit too but surely not 4gb.

I'm thinking a back up and total factory reset and restore over the weekend might be in order....

I've probably deleted close to 500mb off the phone this morning and not a budge of 0 bytes remaining.

Phone just suddenly decided it has 3.8Gb of free space :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Messages can eat into storage, especially if ethers photos or videos there.

Advertisement