Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Show this Sunday in Bray

• 17-07-2015 10:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

The Airshow is on in Bray this Sunday so check out details for parking and travel restrictions here http://www.brayairdisplay.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

There are now no details on the website due to heavy traffic and i can't find any info aside from parking details (incl on their Facebook site).

Any idea on a programme, or what's on display?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

Try this link from aviation forum. You can piece together line-up info from that page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I thought the crowd seemed smaller this year

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Was biggest year yet... 90,000 according to the Garda figures.

zoobizoo wrote: »

What? No way was there 90,000 there!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

What? No way was there 90,000 there!
    I find that hard to believe too. I always go up on to Bray Head to watch it, and I remember remarking to my wife that the beach and promenade area looked much emptier than usual.

Alun wrote: »
    I find that hard to believe too. I always go up on to Bray Head to watch it, and I remember remarking to my wife that the beach and promenade area looked much emptier than usual.

Yeah I was on Bray Head - they were quite empty looking from Bray head

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

zoobizoo wrote: »

I'm always fascinated how they count people in large crowds.

Anybody know how they do it, apart from pure guess work?

Zebbedee wrote: »

I never believe Garda figures ever

If they like the group they will overestimate

If they dont like the group they will understimate

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Zebbedee wrote: »

There is some 'science' behind it apparently. Just Google "crowd counting".

• Advertisement
Advertisement