Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kodaline @ big top festival

Options
  • 17-07-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I see kodaline are playing this evening at the big top. Should be a good gig.

Can anyone tell me about this venue as I haven't attended it before, what kind of capacity is it, what is atmosphere like...heard some bad reports from Damien rice... Is it all standing or are there any seated areas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

EnergyPro wrote: »
    I see kodaline are playing this evening at the big top. Should be a good gig.

Can anyone tell me about this venue as I haven't attended it before, what kind of capacity is it, what is atmosphere like...heard some bad reports from Damien rice... Is it all standing or are there any seated areas?

It's a circus tent with no seats. There is a beer tent and food stall just outside. I went to a concert there a few years ago- brilliant atmosphere- am looking forward to seeing coronas there next week. It's very windy today so bring a jacket as wind always bad along river. Have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Any idea when the headline act starts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

When will they finish? I live across from the huntsman and can hear them clearly n I need some sleep, noise pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Great gig tonight, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

topcat77 wrote: »
    Great gig tonight, no issues.
    Except, apparently, onstage in some GIAF plays and other venues :/
    Jaysus either an audio feast or a famine in terms of volume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Great gig. Support act the academic well excellent and set the tone for kodaline who were superb as expected. Have to say its a great venue for a concert didn't know it existed before Friday but atmosphere was fantastic and location is ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

Hey for those who went to kodaline last week what time did it finish at?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hey for those who went to kodaline last week what time did it finish at?

Around 11pm I think, maybe a few minutes before. Think they have to finish by 11 to comply with the licence.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Zzippy wrote: »
    Around 11pm I think, maybe a few minutes before. Think they have to finish by 11 to comply with the licence.

They definitely didn't, my windows were still being rattled coming up to 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Saturday night kodaline finished on the dot 11
    They were really good imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Lol, they haven't enough songs to play for 3.5 hours! Seriously, they finished at 11, the music was off and everyone was ushered out of Fisheries Field by 11.30. If your windows were rattling it was from somewhere else. Or cut down on the beans...

Either you're making things up of you have issues with your windows as we were out of the gig and in town by 10 past 11 last Saturday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

OK everyone I believe ye. Must have been a local house party.

Advertisement