Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contactless Payment

Options
  • 17-07-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

In an effort to reduce quarterly fees I've been trying to use contactless payment where ever possible... but came across a situation today where the contactless payment was refused, retailer told me this is because every third transaction has to be something other than contactless... is this the case?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Sounds like absolute nonsense - either something the store has invented themselves for no apparent reason, or some misinformed assistant acting upon a rumour they heard once (or because they haven't been properly trained). Bit like how I'll go into Tesco sometimes and they'll refuse my US non-chip-and-pin card because it doesn't have a chip, even though I'll use it there successfully every other time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

The contact-less option is available for amounts of €15 and under.

If you have use your Visa debit card via the contact-less option up to the amount of €45 without any other transactions where you have verified the card with your PIN it will automatically decline and you will need to input your card PIN. This is for security reasons in case your card was lost or stolen.

See here for more information on the Contact-less option:

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/contactless/

Hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement