Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre static ip

Options
  • 17-07-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Does anyone know if a static IP address from Eircom is 'hard-coded' or 'tied' to the eFibre standard modem (F2000)? I am using a 3rd party modem and although everything works fine, I no longer have my static IP! I didn't think that you set a static IP in any modem but instead was something set against your VDSL line?

Just to add...when I DO use Eircom's F2000 router, my correct static IP does appear so must be something linked to it. My 3rd party modem is the Draytek Vigor130

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

You need to use PPPoE, not IPoe?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭carrollf

jd wrote: »
    You need to use PPPoE, not IPoe?
    That's what I thought to! However Eircom support told me that the only way I can get an Apple Time Capsule to connect to VDSL through a bridged modem is using IPoE (which does't require any credentials). Apparently there is some issue passing PPoE credentials from he TC through the bridged modem because the TC does not support VLAN tagging?? Not sure I fully believe all that so if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

carrollf wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a static IP address from Eircom is 'hard-coded' or 'tied' to the eFibre standard modem (F2000)? I am using a 3rd party modem and although everything works fine, I no longer have my static IP! I didn't think that you set a static IP in any modem but instead was something set against your VDSL line?

Just to add...when I DO use Eircom's F2000 router, my correct static IP does appear so must be something linked to it. My 3rd party modem is the Draytek Vigor130

Thx
    Hi carrollf

I just got in touch with technical support who have confirmed that there's no way the static IP can be hard coded to the F2000. If you have further questions for our technical support team please feel free to get in touch with them via Instant WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement