Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

network adapter affecting dac.

Options
  • 17-07-2015 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

one of the guys in here(ed e)solved one problem for me,my network adapter was affecting my dac.it was causing a relay/switch to trigger in the dac.i disabled the network adapter and the problem was solved.

on to my new problem i cant enable my adapter and use internet and listen to music at the same time.any ideas?....thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

An IRQ conflict?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a strange problem, its not super common. I knew to suggest it as my DJIO had the same problem with a Dell WLAN adapter.

Few ideas that could solve it:
    • Farrady Cage the DAC (Put it in a lead bag, box)
    • Use Homeplugs to use a wired connection and not use wifi to avoid emitting any EMI/RFI
    • Switch over to 5Ghz Wifi in the hope that that doesnt interfere like regular 2.4ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭johnboy8

thanks for the replies.had the network adapter disconnected and am now still getting the clicks.did a little research on line and a powered usb hub was suggested for someone who had clicking noises on his dac.might try that.cheers.

Advertisement