Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Bag recommendation.

Options
  • 17-07-2015 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Im starting to run into and home from work can any one recommened a back pack large enough to fit a change of clothes into yet comfortable to run with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Deuter Race-X should do what you want. It will fit a change of clothes and a towel, leave the shoes in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I used this one most days, I fit a change of clothes in and its pretty snug against my bag etc...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OMM-Ultra-12-Running-Backpack/dp/B00I6JQJ0M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

This one does the trick for me. Fits the basics and no noticeable bouncing

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-speed-lite-10l-rucksack-hydration-compatible/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've been using this one which is nice and light and can just about get enough stuff in for the day if you are not also transporting shoes.

Duanington wrote: »
    I used this one most days, I fit a change of clothes in and its pretty snug against my bag etc...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OMM-Ultra-12-Running-Backpack/dp/B00I6JQJ0M

I can second this bag. Well made and durable. There is also a 15L version and one with a built in rain cover too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    This one does the trick for me. Fits the basics and no noticeable bouncing

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/deuter-speed-lite-10l-rucksack-hydration-compatible/
    robinph wrote: »
    I've been using this one which is nice and light and can just about get enough stuff in for the day if you are not also transporting shoes.

Which one are you using robinph?

And thank you Laura for the suggestion! (found this thread because my family KrisKindle has been looking for suggestions of what to buy).

In the New Year I'm going to start doing some trail runs where I'll be travelling to get to the start, so I will need a backpack to store overclothes and some water etc. Am guessing that Laura's one will do grand (we are a similar size iirc) but any extra advice is welcome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Not sure where the link went to in the previous message. Anyway, its an OMM 12 ltr pack that I have:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/omm-ultra-12-marathon-pack/

Not sure where the link went to in the previous message. Anyway, its an OMM 12 ltr pack that I have:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/omm-ultra-12-marathon-pack/

Thanks ...

Are these waterproof?

General question really, not many of the descriptions seem to mention this but it's a nice thing to have :)

Thanks ...

Are these waterproof?

General question really, not many of the descriptions seem to mention this but it's a nice thing to have :)

I wouldn't jump in the river with it on, but certainly fine for keeping a set of clothes dry on a run too and from work.

I wouldn't jump in the river with it on, but certainly fine for keeping a set of clothes dry on a run too and from work.

I had just read up the page again and realised that "can buy with raincover" probably implies not waterproof! In any case I have a small forest of plastic bags in my house to wrap the clothes ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

I had just read up the page again and realised that "can buy with raincover" probably implies not waterproof! In any case I have a small forest of plastic bags in my house to wrap the clothes ...

Might be worth giving the rain cover a miss and just get a dry sack. Turns any bag into a water proof one. They're great. Around €10 in great outdoors.

I use an inov8 bag. Works well. Look for one with a chest and waist strap. Keeps the bag snug on your back and eliminates bounce.

Djoucer wrote: »
    Might be worth giving the rain cover a miss and just get a dry sack. Turns any bag into a water proof one. They're great. Around €10 in great outdoors.

I use an inov8 bag. Works well. Look for one with a chest and waist strap. Keeps the bag snug on your back and eliminates bounce.

Thanks Djoucer, will definitely go to Great Outdoors and get the sack. May be buying the bag myself too but lets's see. Know the Innov8 brand and will be trying on some of their shoes in the NY

On my previous runs with the OMM bag it managed to hold back the rain and keep my change of clothes nice and dry. Must have just been a fluke on those times though as this morning I turned up and found a damp set of clothes, including my Darth Vader wearing a Santa hat jumper. :(

Not the greatest start to the day, but I should be all dried out again by the time I leave work today. Will have to invest in a dry bag now I think, I may have missed the deadline for asking Santa for one though.

Advertisement