Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PC build

Options
  • 17-07-2015 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi Lads, I've wanted to have a gaming computer for some time now my uncle persuaded me to build my own computer from scratch he said it would be easier, funner and cheaper. So he directed me to boards and I read through a few threads so here's my template. P.S My uncle bought me an AMD FX6300 CPU as a starting point and to knock off a few euros so I'll be sticking with it.

1. What is your budget? 600 - 800 euros

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Internet] General Purpose, Internet, Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? Don't think so might be able to scrape a few things off the uncle.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Mouse/Card Reader/Speakers] Yes

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Nope

8. How can you pay? [/Credit Card/Visa debit/ paypal] Visa debit card

9. When are you purchasing? 2 weeks I'd say.

I've been doing some of my own research over the last while and here's a few things I came up with feel free to give any input, it's missing a few pieces.

CPU - FX6300
    Motherboard - Gigabyte GA 970A DS3P 970 ATX
    GPU - Asus GTX 750 TI PCI 2GB
    RAM 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Leave €80 for a board, I don't know any AMD boards off my head.
    1tb HDD €55
    250gb SSD €85
    8gb RAM €55
    500w PSU €60
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    R9 280X €220
    BenQ 2450 €120
    Windows is €20

Should be a little under €800

Why did you uncle recommend the 6300 out of curiousity?

Any questions ask away

*Edit* Forgot a monitor, build changed

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

Hi Digital, you seem to have everything covered there. One question about the PSU is that 6300 comes with what looks like a heatsink and fan, would that be enough or should I buy the 500w PSU as well? Or are these completely separate items?

It's not so much that he recommended it more that he bought it and gave it to me as a gift to get me started. I'm not sure why he chose the 6300 but I looked it up online and most people seem to say it's a good processor.

Would you know what sort of games this build could play? I'd be looking to play GTA V, Skyrim, Witcher, maybe Dragon Age.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Completely different, the PSU is a large black box which supplies power to all the other components. It's what is plugged into the wall socket.

Yeah its a sound CPU, should last a good which if DX12 delivers.

I used to piss through Skyrim on a much weaker PC so you shouldn't have any issues with it. GTAV will run fairly well on it, Med-High at 60fps

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

Sound thanks for that, I'll have a look into everything you said and post back if I have any questions! Thanks

Advertisement