Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Citywest hotel, Saggart

Options
  • 17-07-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Heading up to Dublin for business and I'll be staying at the Citywest.

Not too sure of how to get from the city centre to this hotel.

Can I take public transport or would taxi be the best option?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 69 bus (from Burgh quay by O'Connell bridge, roughly every hour) goes to the end of the driveway, or the Saggart stop on the Red line LUAS is about 250m from the driveway entrance, so it is doable by public transport.

A taxi is always nice, but it might be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I have a €10 off voucher for the Lynx taxi app. How much do you reckon a taxi will cost?

sugarman wrote: »
    Around €30

Ouch! Think I'll stick to the Luas so ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Good call. I think the taxi would cost more than 30 quid. I know people who work there. They get a taxi from O'Connell St at 4.30am every morning. The fare is 30 euros and that is with very little traffic. I'd expect it to be more during the day, when there are more cars about.

Not all red line Luas go to Saggart. Some of them terminate in Tallaght. If you get on one that is bound for Tallaght, just get off at Belgard and switch there for a Saggart tram. Or just wait for a Saggart bound Luas, when you are still in town.

Cheers for that.

Where's the nearest red line Luas from Bachelors Quay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. Head down to the Ha'penny Bridge end of Batchelors Walk. Walk down Liffey St. Turn left onto Abbey St and the Jervis Luas stop will be there on your left.

Many thanks lads! :)

Advertisement