Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning Lidl tools?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Any advice, bought a multi tool hedge trim, strimmer, pole saw petrol machine, used it twice and it sounds very sick now, just went, possibly got too hot. But look perfect, checked nothing lose on it.
    Have receipt, bought 2 weeks ago.
    Will they just give me the cash?
    Do i need the box too, I have it all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

Petrol machine???? Did you add 2 stroke oil to fuel???

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hiujn

They will probably replace it as ya have used it and they might think you're a chancer that got the job done and is now looking for your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Course added the mix, it's a bearing or something, not the engine, but the clutch, well that's what a friend said.
    Will they think I chancer? Like all you have to do i pull the pull cord once and hear it sounds fooked, you don't need to start it even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

You need to return everything; in the box.
    They'll probably offer you a replacement or a refund but you must prove that the machine is faulty. The cashier won't ask you to start it but will call the manager who'll authorise the refund.

Aldi/Lidl usually don't argue with customers about returns. I know someone working in Aldi and that's the story I'm told.

Grand, I have the box, you nearly have to take stuff apart to fit it back in the box though, I have everything some of it not even used.
    Cheers, for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭acon2119

They will usually give you your money back within 28 days of purchase. After 28 days it will be send it for repair

Cheers, have it 2 weeks and used it twice, probably used it about 2 hrs tops, yesterday it went and i was doing fairly light stuff, so i'd kinda prefer the money back and put it towards more expensive hedge trimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭parkerpen

For something like that, exhange should be fine.

They were as good as gold, here is the money, in and out in 5 minutes.

Advertisement