Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVO 2015 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

There's a Juri in top 8...... in winners.....

I'm going to lose my voice at the all nighter.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

CKKy34FVAAAS6ZS.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/mvc3_l120.html

Lee's Marvel bracket, go go real Lythero!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Anyone know how you can watch the Twitch stream archive(s) from last night ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah I basically missed everything so far. Gutted, but had to be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/profile/past_broadcasts

CapcomFighters requires a subscription to watch vods.

Apparently Jamie Lee Curtis was not joking, she's at Evo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Apparently Jamie Lee Curtis was not joking, she's at Evo!

I hope Gootecks gets hold of her to set up some excellent adventures! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

CKN6SZYUMAAAujb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

HOLY CRAP, that was amazing! Please post any other SF4 VoDs

EDIT: More on that channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/StreetFighterCentral/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

What a great match that was. Go on valle boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Tekken 7

Results:

1. Nobi (Dragunov)
    2. AO (Alisa)
    3. Saint (Shaheen)
    4. JDCR (Heihachi)
    5. Pecosu (King)
    Take (Bryan)
    7. Mr. Naps (Bryan)
    Yuu (Feng)

Nobi gets double win for doing ten-string into Rage Art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Wow, that Valle/Bonchan match was sick. What a monster.

Why does the Madcatz advert for their fight sticks show Luffy ?, he uses an old digital PSone pad, and its not like using a TE did anyone any favours against him last year.

J0hnick wrote: »
    Why does the Madcatz advert for their fight sticks show Luffy ?, he uses an old digital PSone pad, and its not like using a TE did anyone any favours against him last year.

Madcatz can advertise what they like, they sponsor half the scene :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPGuorlvarThSlwJpyTHOmQ for official, source, 1080p/ 60fps vids.

Gutted for Gamerbee, last set was so hype till that stick malfunction, such an anti climatic way to finish :-(

This.

And this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Ah man, that top 8 for Street Fighter was all kinds of intense ( not to mention ridiculously long - It went on longer than Marvel did! )

That was heartbreaking for Gamerbee though, at least he's got a place in the Capcom Cup to look forward to out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Glad Momochi won. He's been the hardest working and most improved player since Capcom Cup. He choked on the second last game, did cr mk fb and had meter to kill but didn't FADC. Could tell the nerves got him.

Stick malfunction was lame. Momochi had the momentum going into that round so it definitely hurt him more. Glad he won anyways. MCZ need to jump on this opportunity to promote for their sticks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Oh no, Fergus will displeased about of one his waifus being taken.

I hear Momochi has got his eyes on Asuka....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

As expected, GGXrd was mega-hype. Everyone's talking about Woshige's early pop-off, but the matches themselves were excellent as well.

As for USF4... the losers' final has to be up there with the most insane matches of any game in the history of Evo. I'd say Capcom are wishing they came up with a new move for Elena's U2 instead of Healing after that, although Infiltration's switch to Juri did seem to put the brakes on Gamerbee's strategy somewhat.

After that grueling match, I think most of us expected Gamerbee to put up no resistance against Momochi... then he only goes and resets the bracket. That made what eventually happened all the more anti-climactic, but I'd say that after a slow start this top 8 turned out fantastic.

I was in tears laughing at this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yreval wrote: »
    As expected, GGXrd was mega-hype. Everyone's talking about Woshige's early pop-off, but the matches themselves were excellent as well.

As for USF4... the losers' final has to be up there with the most insane matches of any game in the history of Evo. I'd say Capcom are wishing they came up with a new move for Elena's U2 instead of Healing after that, although Infiltration's switch to Juri did seem to put the brakes on Gamerbee's strategy somewhat.

After that grueling match, I think most of us expected Gamerbee to put up no resistance against Momochi... then he only goes and resets the bracket. That made what eventually happened all the more anti-climactic, but I'd say that after a slow start this top 8 turned out fantastic.

Nearly vomitted watching all those Ultra 2 heals. Not blaming Gamerbee though he was merely taking advantage of the tools on offer. Doubt there will be another balance update for USF4 so we are probably stuck with it :(

Only just got through watching top eight now.

Definitely the best top eight at Evo for SFIV yet.

AiAi vs Nemo was ludicrous, as was Infiltration vs Momochi, Infilitration vs Gamerbee and Momochi vs Gamerbee.

Gamerbee was too nice to Momochi in that situation. He should have gotten the slight life lead like he did and then sat in the opposite corner doing HK Jag Kicks until he had full meter going into the last round.

The character variety throughout the last few rounds of the tournament was nice to see too.

Also M.O.D.O.K. in top eight. YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

He should have gotten the slight life lead like he did and then sat in the opposite corner doing HK Jag Kicks until he had full meter going into the last round.

No way that would have been allowed. He chose to not give Momochi any meter by letting the clock run down, so it would be an insane double standard to let himself build full meter going into deciding final round of the whole tournament. Also note that Bruce had no momentum going into that round so the stick break situation, albeit a crap thing to happen, was definitely a lot worse for Momochi.

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    No way that would have been allowed. He chose to not give Momochi any meter by letting the clock run down, so it would be an insane double standard to let himself build full meter going into deciding final round of the whole tournament. Also note that Bruce had no momentum going into that round so the stick break situation, albeit a crap thing to happen, was definitely a lot worse for Momochi.

Momochi lost any right to an opinion when he "caused" a pause though, right? Gamerbee was free to take the round as he wished.

Advertisement