Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Coverage and Commentators

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Seve OB wrote: »
    Coverage is great for the British Masters from what I have seen of it.

Was Nick Dougherty playing the other day with a Mic on as he went round?

The masterclass has been a fantastic show. Never knew Tim Barter knew so much about golf. I always thought he was just a tv presenter but he comes across as a teaching pro, turned golf presenter. Anyone know anything about his background?

Tim Barter used to do golf instruction on TV many years ago and I understand to be a teaching pro. I have always found him to be quite knowledgeable.

Nick Dougherty did indeed have a mic as he was playing. It surely cannot have helped him concentrate on his game but to his credit he was brutally honest on day 2 when he wasn't plating well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Taught the master class was great auld PH's bunker tips definitely helped me the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

benny79 wrote: »
    Taught the master class was great auld PH's bunker tips definitely helped me the weekend!

I didn't miss a putt from inside 12 foot on Saturday and the weren't all tap in's either. might of had about 8 putts over 8 foot

PH was spot on with both his bunker tips and chipping... worth keeping this clip if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

bmay529 wrote: »
    PH was spot on with both his bunker tips and chipping... worth keeping this clip if you can

oh I have them saved and have watched them numerous times already :D

Just on the putting one with Poults & Luuuuke I had a short game lesson last Fri and my Pro said the very same things, i.e practise swing looking at hole, set up, look at hole, back pull trigger.

My putting has greatly improved. Gone from 5/6 3 putts even some 4 putts a round (not kidding) to only 1 3 putt in the last 2 rounds and loads of 1 putts from distance as well!

well chuffed. :)

• Advertisement

oh I have them saved and have watched them numerous times already :D

Just on the putting one with Poults & Luuuuke I had a short game lesson last Fri and my Pro said the very same things, i.e practise swing looking at hole, set up, look at hole, back pull trigger.

My putting has greatly improved. Gone from 5/6 3 putts even some 4 putts a round (not kidding) to only 1 3 putt in the last 2 rounds and loads of 1 putts from distance as well!

well chuffed. :)

That's one hell of an improvement. Well done

I like Claude @ the Cart. He is good at the interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Seve OB wrote: »
    I like Claude @ the Cart. He is good at the interviews

Did a great interview with Phil after round 1 or 2. He was very comfortable especially considering Phil was talking about all the new stuff he as doing after ditching his Father.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Must say I enjoy Radar and Beem "The American" as he is now called. Radar is a bit eccentric alright but they know their stuff and call the shots correctly, Beem isn't afraid to take the mick out of himself either.

Love Radar. great character

• Advertisement

Nice to hear Peter Allis on commentary but he is making a lot of mistakes.

I thought he was retiring last year???

Maybe he should of!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Mark James as witty and funny as usual, great to hear him

yer one Maureen is awful boring. I suppose they have to do the aul Sexist female thing, but surely they could get someone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

She was always good as an on-course commentator. Their crew seemed a bit bare-bones this year, probably due to the short notice of getting the coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

seanhynes wrote: »
    Mark James as witty and funny as usual, great to hear him
    ... even though he was watching the action from a studio in Salford, rather than being at Quail Hollow...

Yes I thought that was odd. First time ever I think I've watched the golf that the commentators were not even at the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

The PGA Tour would really want to sort out their Tee times. Having only two golfers (Stenson & Kisner) on the course is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Is tonights coverage on SKY or is it just Solheim cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Quintis wrote:
    Is tonights coverage on SKY or is it just Solheim cup?

It's on the red button @ 8pm

Advertisement