Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocker spaniel - finding legitimate breeders

Options
  • 17-07-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

I'm trying to find a cocker spaniel pup for my family... I've looked around the internet and I am finding it difficult to fully satisfy my fears around dealing with puppy farms.

The one place I can find a reasonable number of people selling pups is DoneDeal. I'm sure most of these are legit but I would love to get a recommendation for peace of mind.

I went to the ikc.ie website and sent emails and left phone messages for the contacts listed there for cocker spaniels ... unfortunately, I haven't got any replies.

I'm based in Dublin but all the listings I can find are outside of Dublin which makes it more difficult to head and visit multiple places on a scouting missions.

Would be interested to know if IKC registration is enough to ensure legitimacy?

Any tips on how to approach this would be greatly appreciated.

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Did you try the Cocker Spaniel Club of Ireland? Website is here

Advertisement