Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling to CityWest from some point on M50 from northside

Options
  • 17-07-2015 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this should be in cycling or commuting but it involves both.

I travel the M50 from the M1 on a daily basis to work in CityWest.

I was wondering if there is any feasible place to park and cycle from at any exits along the M50?

A 30 min cycle each way would be ideal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

The M50 and other motorways are by definition, for motor vehicles only. If you are cycling, you will need to go by the North Circular Road, or Church Street and the quays.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

tabbey wrote: »
    The M50 and other motorways are by definition, for motor vehicles only. If you are cycling, you will need to go by the North Circular Road, or Church Street and the quays.

He clearly meant drive along the M50 and then park, and cycle the rest of the way.

He's asking for locations that he could park his car and then cycle once he's left the M50.

Possibly around the Spawell OP - not sure what hours their car park is open?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,284 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Red cow car park would leave you with a 15-20 minute cycle to citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Thanks for suggestions guys. At the minute I'm thinking maybe parking at Liffey Valley and cycling from there.

Does anyone know if the car park at the shopping centre is free?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,117 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Liffey Valley is free but it's supposed to be for a few hours only and it is patrolled; don't ask me if they enforce this or not.

Spawell doesn't have a gate on it at all plus you have a Cycle/Bus lane for much of the journey along the N 81/Blessington Road and the new link road from the Belgard into Citywest). It's worth a look at, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Phoenix park.
    Take the N3 exit, and you save yourself a toll.
    Its about 13 km to Citywest, depending on which part of park/citywest you're going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mudstack

Phoenix park.
    Take the N3 exit, and you save yourself a toll.
    Its about 13 km to Citywest, depending on which part of park/citywest you're going to.

Cheers, sounds good will look into it.

Advertisement