Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up apps?

• 17-07-2015 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Sorry, this is prob a stupid question buuuuut, I'm trying to free up some storage on my phone and on my iCloud. Under the Backup Options there's a list of all the apps on my phone, pretty much everything on my phone. I'm pretty sure I don't need iCloud storage of things like games and news apps and random **** like that - it's more important for stuff like whatsapp, photos, texts etc? Is that correct?

Would I regret stopping and deleting the backups for stuff like spotify, wikipedia, pinterest, Carzone, BBC News, OpenTable and stuff like that? What effect does deleting these backups have?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Only app data is stored in iCloud Backup, not the apps themselves. The data shouldn’t take up much space, minuscule in most cases unless it’s storing media content. Personally I’d leave it alone.

Advertisement