Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UB40 in Limerick

• 17-07-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Westfest in September Newcastle West announced this years line up. UB40, Walking on Cars, and Example to name a few acts. Great event for Limerick :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Which version of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Treepole wrote: »
    Which version of them?
    Of UB40?

I'm not much of a fan but probably the 2015 one....:D

Honestly though, I don't know, I didn't even realise they were still together, I'm more of a walking on cars kinda gal. But will be happy to see whatever version of UB40 turns up and all the other acts at the festival. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Munstermad wrote: »
    Of UB40?

I'm not much of a fan but probably the 2015 one....:D

Honestly though, I don't know, I didn't even realise they were still together, I'm more of a walking on cars kinda gal. But will be happy to see whatever version of UB40 turns up and all the other acts at the festival. :)

They are in some sort of dispute, Ali Campbell has a band called UB40, and ex members have a band called UB40

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭DBIreland

It is not the Ali Campbell UB40 coming to Westfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Which version of them?

WD40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

WD40

Ba ha ha haaaaaa! :D:D:D:D

They are in some sort of dispute, Ali Campbell has a band called UB40, and ex members have a band called UB40

Not exactly on topic here, but this kinda reminds me of a story I read in the UK Times about 70's glam group The Sweet.

Apparently two original members have two entirely separate groups, both called The Sweet, going at the same time. The original singer has no involvement with either version whatsoever, though he did have a third version also going before he died.

Anyway, it seems both groups were touring at the same time and coincidentally bumped into each other while using the same petrol station in Newcastle. A few hostile words were passed before a massive free-for-all fist fight broke out in the station forecourt after an argument started between the guitarist in one band and the bass player in the other over who was the main writer of the song "Ballroom Blitz" :D:D:D

Advertisement