Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Act of Aggression; brother of another mother to Command and Conquer?

Options
  • 17-07-2015 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Humble Bundle made me aware of the title, and from a bit og Googling, it looks like it may be a nice replacement fix for C&C addicts.

From reading up on it, it has the base-building, the resource gathering, and some shiny toys. Although not available until September, it is getting me interested in it now.

What do other C&C addicts think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

First I've seen of this. it looks very C&C Generals but the next step up in scale. I'll be keeping tabs on this and see how it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

not a c&c addict here
    but was an age of empires one :) obviously their only similarity is that their strategy games but
    this is definitely on my wish list. Will probably get it day 1 but I'm I might hold out to see reviews, I head the beta/alpha can't remember which was quite poor but I'm a sucker for a good strategy game, last one I played was Ruse and loved it, but the community died to quick :/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://store.steampowered.com/app/318020/ €38.24
    Pre-Purchase Act of Aggression
    Prepurchase to receive free instant access to the Skirmish/Multiplayer beta!
    Hrm. Maybe in the next paycheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This has my interest piqued as well,not a fan of the fast pacing of modern rts games,Starcraft and such.

Much prefer the slow build up in old C&C games,this seems to want to bring that back a bit.

Was tempted by Grey Goo also but just dont have the time atm with so many other games on the go.

This may come out just at the right time though for me,hopefully have a few other games wrapped up at that stage. Be definitely keeping an eye on it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

TB had a beta access play and discussion with the developers about it which is quite in depth and yes C&C was one of the inspiration sources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

This looks very cool. Am looking forward to it now though I wonder if its due to the complete lack of rts at the moment.

Fcuk it. Grabbed it for €29

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

the_syco wrote: »
    Fcuk it. Grabbed it for €29

Did you get the key straight away or have to wait until release?

Did you get the key straight away or have to wait until release?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes. Seems I won't get the key until the release of the game. Was hoping to play the beta. Meh. I'll get the key on release date. I suppose at least I got it whilst I has the money.

/ponders asking for a refund and buying it off Steam.

/edit; made a ticket, looking for a refund. Shall buy it from Steam to get the beta if I get the refund.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes. Seems I won't get the key until the release of the game. Was hoping to play the beta. Meh. I'll get the key on release date. I suppose at least I got it whilst I has the money.

/ponders asking for a refund and buying it off Steam.

/edit; made a ticket, looking for a refund. Shall buy it from Steam to get the beta if I get the refund.

Ye, that's what I was worried about. I think I'll just hold off until release so.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

From the vids I've seen and reviews. It's more Act of War than C&C. That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that at the moment we are not able to say if the item you purchased will come with the beta key.
    So I'm guessing that's a no to the refund. meh. I'll be still getting the game, so it's not all bad.

Just noticed this has gone live. Time to see how badly I get owned by the AI :pac:

Just noticed this has gone live. Time to see how badly I get owned by the AI :pac:
    Badly, mainly as I'm running out of gold, but not sure how to generate it faster. I'll have to learn the tech tree, but from a short game, it looks nice.

Will wait for the how-to guide campaign to be released to properly have a go, since the beta ends and the full game goes live at about 19:00 GMT.

Advertisement