Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIG Adverts on TV

Options
  • 18-07-2015 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Have the AIG adverts with the 2 weird looking blokes on TV got to be the most strangest weirdest cringe-worthy adverts on TV at the moment? - in the latest ads one of the guys is sniffing some kit he's just ironed and looks likes hes getting off on it! - How would this form of advertising make anyone use AIG insurance? just wondering like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It made you come here and talk about AIG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I hate them. With a passion.

I cringe every time I see Dublin players in their ads.

How anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to have those two weirdos (the two AIG lads, NOT Bernard Brogan and Danny Sutcliffe :p ) fronting such a downright strange ad campaign, is beyond me. It really is. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Howyanow50

Total cringfest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

ProudDUB wrote: »

How anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to have those two weirdos (the two AIG lads, NOT Bernard Brogan and Danny Sutcliffe :p ) fronting such a downright strange ad campaign, is beyond me. It really is. :confused:

Sinead Goldrick is in that ad,so that's something good about it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

AIg amazing. Company producing excellent products

A pleasure to do business with their professional staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Not a sausage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,426 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

All about brand recognition these days.
    Obviously working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

AIg amazing. Company producing excellent products

A pleasure to do business with their professional staff

Subtle. Your annual appraisal must be coming up soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

lertsnim wrote: »
    It made you come here and talk about AIG

....in a bad way! - in fact to be quite honest me personally if i were it invest money in a financial institution that advert would put me off dealing with them because is so dire! - not true that saying 'all advertising good or bad is good advertising' - there are some realy good ads on TV at the moment but these AIG adverts are just ultra weird

Oh For Gods Sake just when you thought they couldn't get any worse, the latest one with the horse, and where they are holding up the Bumper! - #nowords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

It gives me the blues.

....yeah yeah, coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Not a patch on that ad with the pig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Not a patch on that ad with the pig.

A Tory attack ad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Worst company to deal with ever...the claims service is a another company in the Uk....

do you get them two eejit gobeens off the advert when you go dealing with AIG lol the weird looking one with receding hairline and the pervert who sniffs Tee Shirts and laundry haha

• Registered Users Posts: 38,260 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Getting fairly sick of that eir ad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

How anyone ever thought it would be a good idea to have those two weirdos (the two AIG lads, NOT Bernard Bro gang and Danny Sutcliffe :p ) fronting such a downright strange ad campaign, is beyond me. It really is. :confused:

Me too - word for word!

To actually think Marketing people actually get paid a days wage (+Bonus most probably) for producing these sh!te adverts makes the mind boggle - are AIG Insurance not actually ashamed of these adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

How would this form of advertising make anyone use AIG insurance? just wondering like.
    Are you saying that there's wrong with alienating the 31 counties that despise Dublin, and then the remainder of people in Dublin who despise the GAA just because they have a sponsorship deal with them?

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Horrific ads with two intolerable gob****es......feel sorry for the NZ/Ga fellas who were frogmarched in to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement