Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting the map from the Land Registry - new build house

Options
  • 18-07-2015 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We are waiting for sale closing for new build house, everything else is ready i.e. House is ready, snag list done, surveyer done, funds ready etc. but now solicitor saying they are awaiting the map from the Land Registry. will take another 2-3 weeks!
    We want to move into the new house asap, as the place we r renting, the lease is up since june 30th.and landlord has given us until july 30th to move out as new tenant want to move in on 1st August. as someone has to move in on same day where they are renting.

solicitor is saying its quite unusual to wait this long for map from Land registry. wondering is there something we could do it make it faster? any advice pls?

Comments

greenhouse wrote: »
    solicitor is saying its quite unusual to wait this long for map from Land registry.

If it was you or me or any other profession we would contact the land registry, speak to the person dealing with the issue or their boss, and find out what was the real situation. Then we could say with confidence if there was a problem or how long things actually were going to take.

Are you sure the relevant request was sent in a timely manner to the land registry?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is the house in a multi unit development?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greenhouse

@DrDonkey, I dnt have folio # or application # to contact to Land registry, though I can see house on landdirect.ie by using street name, clicking on the house, it shows one application made for multiple units. will try to call them on Monday.
    @kceire: it is multi-unit development, if it is multi-unit, that mean application will be processed for all or none and only @once?

will try to call them on Monday.

I meant your solicitor should have followed this up for you and found out the actual situation instead of telling you half information.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

@DrDonkey, I dnt have folio # or application # to contact to Land registry, though I can see house on landdirect.ie by using street name, clicking on the house, it shows one application made for multiple units. will try to call them on Monday.
    @kceire: it is multi-unit development, if it is multi-unit, that mean application will be processed for all or none and only @once?

It's possible yeah. There's a few completed developments in Dublin at the moment and land registry was the biggest hold up in all of them going through hand over stage. Just look at the "Clongriffin" thread in this forum.

I have a feeling that the developers are not paying the architects to lodge individual folio applications but to lodge them in lumps to reduce costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This is neither Twitter nor a text message, please use full words.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 greenhouse

Many thanks for your kind replies.
    went sale agreed mid May and all concerned were very helpful. It was only last week when vendors solicitor told us that sale cannot be closed without map from land registry.
    one thing surprise me, 6 weeks ago we paid 20% deposit and signed initial contracts, nothing was said then that we are signing for a house whose map from land registry could be an issue. we probably have pulled out then or pushed them to make it faster. on the other hand if everything is going to be ok i.e. map etc will be granted by land registry today or next week then why an issue closing the sale now given the house & everything else is ready? or is there any other issues may have?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭gogreen81

Hi what was the final conclusion pls. Stuck in a similar situation

Advertisement